Nike distance planner

Gav888
Gav888 Posts: 946
Guys,

Not sure if you are aware of this site but a running buddie just told me about this which he uses to plan routes. It works as the crow flys so if its a twisty road you need to click on all the bends, but its very handy....

http://nikeplus.nike.com/nikeplus/?locale=en_gb
Cycling never gets any easier, you just go faster - Greg LeMond

Comments

• Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Haven't seen that site before, but if you have a look at
    www.BikeRouteToaster.com
    you can plan rides on there and get elevation data so you know how hilly your route is before downloading the GPS info to your satnav device. It also has a "follow road feature" so you just click on the junctions on your route and it works out the shortest route. You can also programme it to give you advance warning of turns etc if you are using a Garmin Edge or similar.

I've now ridden a few rides planned on there and it works a treat and has got me out to some new roads over the last few weeks rather than plodding along the same old courses.
  • Gav888
    Gav888 Posts: 946
    Bronzie wrote:
    Haven't seen that site before, but if you have a look at
    www.BikeRouteToaster.com
    you can plan rides on there and get elevation data so you know how hilly your route is before downloading the GPS info to your satnav device. It also has a "follow road feature" so you just click on the junctions on your route and it works out the shortest route. You can also programme it to give you advance warning of turns etc if you are using a Garmin Edge or similar.

I've now ridden a few rides planned on there and it works a treat and has got me out to some new roads over the last few weeks rather than plodding along the same old courses.

Nice one, thanks for that, I will have a look at it soon....
    Cycling never gets any easier, you just go faster - Greg LeMond