Rock Shox tora 318 top out clunk

shanieboy
shanieboy Posts: 3
edited November 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
Ive just bought myself a shiny new Kona King Kikapu (after 9yrs out of the saddle) Im way behind with specs and parts but Im sure somethings not quite right with the Forks. They perform great but whenever the front whell leaves the ground they produce a knocking sound. Im running 160psi (im 205lbs) If i use a lot of Rebound damping it does reduce the Knocking but the Forks feel like Jelly!! Any help would be great.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    If you are sure it is coming from the fork (and not say a loose headset), it could be the solo air valve equalizing which does produce a faint but sometimes notciable knock.

Hard to say, maybe have a shop have a look?
  • It was an online purchase and unfortunatley the shop is 220 miles from me :o( Ill check the headset but im pretty sure its the shock topping out
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    If you look at the Rockshox webby FAQ's they do mention that some people can feel the slight knock as the negative and positive chambers equalize.
    I can feel it on my Recons. As long as the fork works well, live with it and soon you'll get used to it.