Wales v Australia

nicensleazy
nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
edited November 2008 in The bottom bracket
Well what a game in Cardiff this afternoon. Wales pulled it out of the bag and beat the boys from OZ. Its always good to beat a Southern Hemisphere team, but claiming the scalp of Australia was the icing on the cake. The Welsh were just too hot to deal with!

Comments

• downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    I had this on while I fiddled with the internet so didnt even register they'd won. :oops: :lol:

Did see two nasty downs though, one guy with a thigh to his head it seemed when he slipped and the other guy who was about 16 stone hammered into another guy. :shock: God rugby is SO much more interestng that football!!

Still prefer boxing though. :oops: :lol:
  • Cracking result for a Wales side that have been threatening to beat a southern hemisphere side. Hats off to Andy Powell at number 8. He's been a revelation and is sure to be around for the next 6 nations. Beating the Aussies at anything is always worth celebrating!!
    Here's a box,a musical box. Wound up and ready to play.
    (brian Cant,Camberwick Green).
  • Happy welshie here!

:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • You were good value for the win, better all round and the margin flattered us. I prefer league myself but can appreciate a good game and that was enjoyable watching, even as a loss.
    Congrats
  • I was working yesterday and missed the whole game, pedalling up the drive shortly before 7. The Beeb took their time in putting up full highlights, so I didn't see any of it (other than the first try :)) until tonight. I still got goosebumps and butterflies even when I knew what the final score would be. Glad to see that we got a good scalp out of these autumn internationals, but even gladder to see that despite the significant success this year, instead of lauding victories as in bygone years, everyone (players, pundits, staff, fans) is looking at the team and saying "we won, but there's a lot more work to be done".

Hope Jamie pulls through okay after his collision. :?