2005 Airbourne sizing help needed

stevext
stevext Posts: 27
edited December 2008 in Workshop
Hi All

I've been looking at a few titanium framed road bikes for some light sportives and training and came accross a airbourne zepplin in a 56cm frame.I'm 5'10 32" inside leg and wondered if it'll fit as i cant find any sizing on the 2005 model,the current owner says it's a bit too big (he's 5'9 30" inside leg - any owners out there that could spare their knowledge?.
many thanks

stevext

Comments

• I'd have said it was ok. I have a 54cm and im a bit shorter in the leg than you.

Have you looked at the VAn Nicholas site? The Zephyr is the latest version of the Zeppelin
  • Hi Steve

I own a 56cm 2005 Airborne Valkyrie Audax, which has a 56.5cm top tube. I'm 5ft 11in tall with a 33in inside leg and it fits me fine. I agree with the owner that it's probably a tag long for him, but reckon (provided you have average flexibility) it would fit you fine.

Didn't screen-dump the zeppelin geometry at the time, but this may be of some use:

AirborneGeometry.jpg[/img]
  • Hi
    Cheers for the advice chaps.
    stevext
  • yakk
    yakk Posts: 589
    Hi Steve, I have a 54cm Zeppelin and have an inside leg 30cm. I'm just under 5'10" so as said above, you should be okay with the seat tube. I do use a 90mm stem, so worthwhile checking the reach.
    Enjoy the ride.
    Yak
  • yakk
    Hi Steve, I have a 54cm Zeppelin and have an inside leg 30cm. I'm just under 5'10" so as said above, you should be okay with the seat tube. I do use a 90mm stem, so worthwhile checking the reach.
    Enjoy the ride.
    Yak
  • yakk
    Enjoy the ride.
    Yak
  • Meds1962
    Meds1962 Posts: 391
    I'm about 5'11" and have a 58cm Thunderbolt which is similar to the Zeppelin but an Alu frame. The stem on my bike is 110mm.

The 58cm is on my limit for comfort and I would think 56cm for someone 5'10" should be fine.
    O na bawn i fel LA