Pedals

Airbornerodent
Airbornerodent Posts: 54
edited December 2008 in Road beginners
Ayup all, Can anyone help? I've just got a new bike and it has an FSA crank. Can anybody tell me which pedals will fit it please? I'm looking at some Dura ace, but obviously need to know if they would fit.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Mister W
    Mister W Posts: 791
    Pretty much any pedals will fit. They all have a standard fitting so any pedals will fit any crank.
  • John.T
    John.T Posts: 3,698
    You need to get pedals to suit your shoes. The pedals will fit all cranks and come with cleats (usually). Shoe / pedal combos come in 2 basic types. Road which have a 3 screw fitting for the cleat (SPD-SL, Look, Time and Speedplay are the main ones) and MTB / touring which have a 2 screw fixing (SPD, Crank and Time Attack plus copies). Road give a more stable platform but are harder to walk in than MTB. Dura-ace are SPD-SL and are for road shoes.
  • Thanks chaps.
    I think that i'll be getting some new shoes anyway so i'll make sure that they're the rght kind.
  • sicknote
    sicknote Posts: 901
    I got some M520 peddles from Ebay for £12, they were new in the box and never been used plus got some DHB M1 shoes for just over £35 now.

So just £2 more plus they are new, so if you look, you can pick up some very good deals.

P.s This will be my first time on clipless peddles.