Mudguard Help

GAWOOD
GAWOOD Posts: 36
edited November 2008 in Workshop
Hi All

Just picked up a new winter bike today and am trying to fit SKS Chromo plastic mudguards. The front has been fitted without sucuessfully, but I'm having problems with the rear mudguard. I've got to the point where I need to connect the V-Stays to the rear eyelets. I can get one of the screw bolts to go into the eyelet, but the other one just won't screw in at all - it won't even thread into the eyelet. Its on the derailleurs side. Its not the bolt itself because I've swapped them round and still only get one to screw in.

Any ideas? Is it an issue with the frame?

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Is the hole threaded? Put something smaller intothe hole and drar it back out on the edge of the hole, if smooth then no thread and bad news.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • GAWOOD
    Yes, it appears to be threaded. Is it worth me trying some lubricant/WD40 on the eyelet?

Thanks
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Might be as simple as running a tap through the hole caused by paint clogging the hole. Take the wheel out and try from inside the frame if you haven't done so already.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Vivid
    Vivid Posts: 267
    GAWOOD wrote:
    Yes, it appears to be threaded. Is it worth me trying some lubricant/WD40 on the eyelet?

Thanks

Take it to your LBS to re-cut the thread before you strip it completely.
  • GAWOOD
    No joy trying it from the inside so will take it to my LBS as suggested. Thanks for your help.