I've just bought a bike...

pottssteve
pottssteve Posts: 4,069
edited November 2008 in The bottom bracket
but because I'm over 5 foot 5 and live in HK it'll take 3 months to arrive from the USA :cry:
Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs

Comments

• downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    That is a shame. :( What did you get?
  • pottssteve
    Specialized Tricross Sport triple '09, thanks for asking.

http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkMode ... 43&eid=123

It's the first new bike I've ever bought. :cry: It's going to be used for commuting and riding as fast as I can around Hong Kong :D The aim is to upgrade the components as funds allow.....
  • downfader
    That looks like a nice bike. :P dribble :P Looks like it comes with decent tyres too, which is more than can be said for the kona jake :lol:
  • pottssteve
    I can't get Kona here - no HK dealer. I looked at the Jake though - it got 5* on Bikeradar... Still, I'll be happy when it arrives - only 2 months and 29 days (approx.) to go! :D
  • downfader
    You'll have to do some pics or video when it arrives so we can all be jealous of not just your bike but your surroundings :D
  • pottssteve
    Fader,
    I live in the New Territories, not the bright lights of HK Island or Tsim Sha Tsui! Because the roads can be quite dangerous I tend to ride in the early morning, before all the trucks start to arrive from China. My employer is moving next year and my commute will be a nice 10k or so - I've done it a couple of times already on a mountain bike - takes me around 30 minutes at the moment. Most of it's flat with just a little hill. What's a good time for 10k? Apart from the trucks there are the minibuses to avoid, together with the odd nasty village dog. A friend of mine who does triathalons had one sink it's teeth into his leg a while back.... So it's not all glamour out here in the East! :wink:
  • downfader
    Thats ok, I didnt assume you were in the big smoke. :D

Still sounds like an interesting place to me. I have always fancied visiting Japan though, if I ever do leave Blighty.

As for those dogs, propellant spray bottle, dried chillies and black pepper mixed with a little water shot in his eyes..? :lol: My Bro had similar experiences when sat in cafes in mexico. Very real risk of rabies too. :shock:
  • pottssteve
    I've started to carry a BB gun! :shock: