Boardman bike

Adam Tonks
Adam Tonks Posts: 13
edited November 2008 in MTB general
hi all
i recently bought my boardman MTB comp its an amzing bike but best thing was when i went in to my local halfords store i couldnt believe it.They have reduced all the boardmans at least by 50 quid for the one i bought and if you but one through cycle to work ypu also get a 50 quid accesory voucher. Now thats what i call a deal anyway. Id reccomend anyone buy a boardman hreat bike and a great ride.
So has anyone here got a boardman and what you think of them.
Cheers for reading everyone. Happy riding
Adam :) x
Specailized Hardrock Sport :)
cboardman MTB sport 08

Comments

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Thing with Halfords' "sales" is that they usually raise the price for at least a month then reduce the price to make it look like a better deal

Eg £500 bike goes upto £600, then a month later in the sales it's got a whopping 33% off & costs £400, when in reality it's only got 20% off the original £500 price tag
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • I agree. When my mate got his Boardman Pro I was jealous... excellent bike and gear for a great price.
  • Johnnyrotten: I bet you're not jealous any more, are you!?

They're great bikes, I've got one of their road bikes (can I say that round here!? :oops: ) and it's really nice to ride and well specced for the money. And with 10% off at the mo, an even better bargain. The one I've got is £90 less than what I got it for, and I got it for 10% off the RRP! It's £150 cheaper than they have been all year.
    Boardman Road Comp '08
    Spesh FSR XC Expert '08
  • ooh... hang on a mo....I had to shop around to get a 2008 Comp as the Brighton store had no (and weren't getting any more) bikes until the 2009 stock came out. I asked for the details of the newer bikes and they said it was down from £649 to £599. On closer inspection it was going to be specc-ed with a Tora fork instead of the 2008's Recon. Maybe that is why your Comp is £50 cheaper. I dunno if this is the case with you Adam mind, but I thought the 2008 bike was the better option for me.
    Start Weight: 128 kilos (20.2 st) (April 17th 2009)
    Current Weight:119 kilos (18.7 st) (June 18th 2009)
    Target Weight: 92 kilos (14.5 st) (sometime mid-2010, hopefully sooner)
  • heez29
    heez29 Posts: 612
    ooh... hang on a mo....I had to shop around to get a 2008 Comp as the Brighton store had no (and weren't getting any more) bikes until the 2009 stock came out. I asked for the details of the newer bikes and they said it was down from £649 to £599. On closer inspection it was going to be specc-ed with a Tora fork instead of the 2008's Recon. Maybe that is why your Comp is £50 cheaper. I dunno if this is the case with you Adam mind, but I thought the 2008 bike was the better option for me.

Its not been specced, just in the picture it has the tora. Dont worry!

My mate went to the launch and confirmed it was a recon fork!
  • I think I may have made a mistake in that it is a different version of the Recon on the 2009 bike. The '08 has a Recon 351 with Motion Control and U-Turn, the 2009 doesn't have Motion Control on it's Recon SL. If, Adam, you are more into XC, then the 2009 may be the better bet.
    Start Weight: 128 kilos (20.2 st) (April 17th 2009)
    Current Weight:119 kilos (18.7 st) (June 18th 2009)
    Target Weight: 92 kilos (14.5 st) (sometime mid-2010, hopefully sooner)
  • heez29
    heez29 Posts: 612
    As far as im aware its recon SL ALSO this years have sealed hub and Ritchey Pro rims, so yes... 2009 is THE way to go!.

Only thing is that the drivetrain have been dumbed to x-7/x-5 :(