Pro Cycling manager

teagar
teagar Posts: 2,100
edited December 2008 in The bottom bracket
Hi Guys.

Just wondered if any of you have played pro cycling manager, and whether you think it's a good buy. I'm a big fan of football manager, and am dying to find a cycling equivalent. After all, cycling is an awful lot better...

Anyway, my computer isn't the fastest, and I used to be a real game snob. Whatcha think?
Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.

Comments

• There is a downloadable demo on their website, which I have downloaded and installed but never actually played yet :roll:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    A chap i know loves it on the PSP, he's obsessed. So it must be good.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    M.Cole wrote:
    A chap i know loves it on the PSP, he's obsessed. So it must be good.

I have this years and last years version on the PSP :oops: I thought they would be a lot different, but apart from updated teams, riders and kits, and an added track race option they are pretty much identical. Granted the courses are different, but on the PSP most courses look the same (apart from hills being in different places).

Keeps me occupied enough on a long train journey though, and I play it over other games I have.

Thinking of getting the PC version, although I don't really play games when I'm at home.
  • fluff.
    fluff. Posts: 771
    I have the PC version and I'm generally a fan of management games, but Pro cycling manager feels like half finished mess, it's confusing, lacks any sort of polish and crashes on me for no reason. I've not yet twigged the formula for winning races, it doesn't seem related to real races anyway, in the PCM world every break gets chased no matter who's in it, people can hit climbs and practically come to a stop, and can lose over a minute if they time their sprint wrong. You may get some fun out of it, but you may get some fun out of shutting your hand in a car door too.

Usual disclaimers, YMMV and and so on.
  • fluff. wrote:
    I have the PC version and I'm generally a fan of management games, but Pro cycling manager feels like half finished mess, it's confusing, lacks any sort of polish and crashes on me for no reason. .

I've bought every edition since 2004 and every year it's always the same problems you've written there. Cyanide don't have as big a budget as other companies, so it inevitably shows in the game.

Anyway, to reply to the original post, urrrr, wait until next july and we'll see if it's any better.
  • huggy
    huggy Posts: 242
    Quick Question - Does the PSP version let you choose the frame/wheels etc ? Cheers
  • i've got the pc version and although as mantioned, not the most polished, you've got to find them fun. you can pretty much win the tour with anyone half decent.

many a good sunday afternoon spent playing 8)