Ever had a dream come true?

Stewie Griffin
Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
edited November 2008 in The bottom bracket
Following on from my ever been arrested post. I had a dream that I was in a Cell in a Police Station and I had no idea why. Several weeks later Im in Chelsea Police Station and the tiles on the wall, the position of the bed in the cell, where the door was, where the window was were all exactly as per my dream. Stupid dream didnt tell me why I was there as I would have done everything I could to prevent my arrest. As it turns out I didnt do anything anyway :evil: . 2nd one was being in a car crash. Again, I didnt know where or when it was going to happen but after the first dream I tried everything I could to prevent it, I drove like an Old Lady. I really believed that this was still going to happen, to the point that I remember discussing it with my then gf on several occasions, Im sure she thought that I had lost it :) . One evening I approached a small roundabout <10mph, nothing coming from my right, so I pulled out BOOOM, she hit me so hard on the O/S/F wing that my car spun around and hit her again with my O/S/R bumper. My car was written off, she came from the road I had just looked down and seen nothing, it was her right of way, "it was my fault" as although I believed (knew) she was speeding there was no skid to measure. Dreams are frigging useless :lol:

Comments

• aarw
    aarw Posts: 448
    i sure hope not or i'm gonna be scarring young kids for life after i've finished with those damn circus clowns....
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    A couple of weeks ago, i dreamt i was waking up and getting ready for work. Some hours later, the dream came true. So, yes.
  • chuckcork
    chuckcork Posts: 1,471
    So what did you get arrested for then?
    'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....
  • chuckcork wrote:
    So what did you get arrested for then?

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... 5&start=15

Penultimate post on that page.
  • If any of you who have ever had dreams come true happen to dream a sequence of 6 numbers between 1 and 49 (possibly between 1 and 50 with a couples of stars if it's a "Euro" dream), then please send me a PM immediately with those numbers. Just for "research purposes". 8)
    No-one wanted to eat Patagonia Toothfish so they renamed it Chilean Sea Bass and now it's in danger of over fishing!
  • I quite often have this strange thing where a seemingly insignificant sequence of five to ten seconds of some conversation or event in a dream actually happens to me some time later, normally a few weeks later, sometimes literally years later.
    It's odd, because whenever it happens, it reminds me that I dreamt it, when the dream itself wasn't at all memorable at the time.
    It's pretty subtle, which makes me wonder if I actually dreamt it, or if I just think I did.

Anyone else get this?

I'm still waiting for it to happen with the lottery numbers
    The other week I dreamt that I was in a film with a really complicated plot, somewhere between oceans 11 and Tarantino, the story was brilliant, but it faded away from me as soon as I tried to write it down!