tricky78 Posts: 10
edited November 2008 in Commuting chat
Need some insurance that will cover me for theft and injuring third parties whilst on the trail.
Any thoughts?


  • AndyManc
    AndyManc Posts: 1,393
    A big lock and bubble wrap . :roll:
    Specialized Hardrock Pro/Trek FX 7.3 Hybrid/Specialized Enduro/Specialized Tri-Cross Sport
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    You shouldn't be robbing and harming people on the trail. :wink:
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • this raises a good point actually. I know my BC membership covers me 3rd party on the road, and gives me my coaching indemnity, but I don't know if it covers me for hitting some old dear out on the trails somewhere.
    hmmm...time to research a little...
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    CTC membership - £35 a year and 3rd party insurance - theft insurance is on my house policy!

    Look em up on t'interweb.
  • as with BC, there's no specific mention of off-road cycling in the CTC stuff. Do you know for certain if it's covered?
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    I'm pretty certain it is, I've had coaching from their off road officer and I'm sure he said it was. That was a few years ago though.
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

    Revised FCN - 2