Forum Alerts

Hi

I am sure this has been asked before but the search function isn't helping.

Would it be possible for forum alerts emails to link to a login screen if you're not already logged in?

As things stand it's a bit cumbersome to login then open the links or find that you don't get any more forum alerts. I've seen it done this way on other fora.

RBIT

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    may i ask why that would be better? as you can see the post without bing logged in?

Ok if it is a PM you need to log in, but once you have logged in then if you then log out (or get logged out) you may miss some of the active topic as they will have been unmarked.

if you want to log in go to the top of the page you are sent to and press the loging button, then login and it returns you to the page you were viewing.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse wrote:
    if you want to log in go to the top of the page you are sent to and press the loging button, then login and it returns you to the page you were viewing.

The problem as I see it is that, if you view posts on the link from the forum alert email without being logged in, you get no further emails on that topic. However, as far as I can figure out, what you suggest doesn't reset the forum alert - I was wondering if there was a way round this?

RBIT