Mud Tyre Deals

impished
impished Posts: 1,092
edited November 2008 in MTB buying advice
Anybody know of any decent deals on pairs of XC mud tyres at the mo?
Never taken the mud-plugger route before but decided I'm fed-up with spinning the rear as soon the FireXC's fill with crud. :roll:

Comments

• panaracer cinder sport are good mate just got them
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    Try some Trailrakers a pair of them from cyclexpress will cost you £39.98 in 2.1 size.

I bought one a few weeks ago from them for £16.99, then the price went up.

I had a 2.35 minion on the back and that grips pretty well in the muck, but after trying the trailraker I can see why they say it's the tyre with the best grip in the mud.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • Second the Panaracer Cinders, had them last year for the winter and had no complaints at all. Excellent grip in the gloopy stuff and also in the wet. Not the fastest tyres in the world but great for winter none the less :D
    Wow great ship man. Looks like a fish, flies like a fish, steers like a cow.

HECKLER
    exercise.png
  • I forgot to say earlyer that the Trailraker is a pretty good mud tyre, but only on the back. I tried one on the front once and i lost it on the first bit of singletrack and i didn't trust it after that, so i gave it to Nick. I still have the other one which you can try out next time we ride togather if you want. Personally, concidering the type of riding we do, i would go bigger, at least on the front. I will never go smaller than 2.35 on the front again as i find bigger tyres so much more stable. I will probably go for Swamp Things next in 2.5 front and 2.35 rear.
  • I've got S-Works Storm on my singlespeed, work a treat when it gets a bit clagy.
    08 S-Works Carbon Hardtail MTB
    06 Giant XTC One Two One Singlespeed Full ridged MTB
    07 Giant TCRC3 Road /Tiathlon Bike
    1991 Cannondale M800 full ridged MTB (old school!)
    http://davenix.pinkbike.com/album/My-XC-bikes/
  • DV1
    DV1 Posts: 22
    "Continental vertical pro" , a great tyre :D