Cube Dealers....

Stoo61
Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
edited November 2008 in MTB buying advice
Anyone know where you can get a Cube bike out of an LBS, especially in Scotland?

They look sooooooo nice but do look like a bike you really need to try out first. Can't find much info anywhere.

Comments

• a quick Google search on Cube bikes took me to their website,clicked on dealers and hey presto......http://www.cube-bikes.de/xist4c/web/Dealers_id_16201_.htm :wink:
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • i was very interested in a cube bike and rang my local dealer in sheffield who deals with cube and he said he could get me one but as with other shops no one had any in stock to try
    i wouldnt buy a bike without atleast looking at it first so i think this is whats stopping people getting them as there gorgeous bikes but theres a major problem with there production
    xbox 360 the 4th emergency service
  • gthang
    gthang Posts: 293
    tony30uk wrote:
    theres a major problem with there production

Correct, they can't make then quick enough, demand has out stripped supply, waited 5 months for mine to arrive. Tough for customers as its a big gamble not trying out before handing over cash and must be frustrating for Cube missing out on sales.
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    i think i'm right in saying that one of the main dealers for Northern England is Surosa Cylces in Oldham. Try them. I got mine from Velocity Cycles in Huddersfield. They dont carry much stock though
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • Stoo61
    Eranu, do you find your Cube to be a real racey number?

Or is it more relaxed than it looks? On twisty techinical downhill single track for instance?
  • Just so you know if you get it from the internet. The brakes are back to front. You can swap the hayes ones over, but shimano needs to be bleeded it you want them done propperly
  • Just for the record i love my Cube, its a ltd team and i was fortunate enough to have a dealer just around the corner from me in Bristol. It is quite racey which is perfect for climbing and flat stuff but isnt too racey for technical stuff either so all good!

The quality of the frame and the spec of their bikes are awesome and swayed me over to Cube from the likes of all the other bigger manufacturers like Giant/GT/Spesh etc.

Not sure if that helps much!
    2008 Cube LTD Team - http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1921374/
    2004 Dawes Tamarak DX
  • Eranu
    Eranu Posts: 712
    It's pretty racey but like MattW87 said it's not too racey. There's not alot of technical stuff near me, twisty single track at Swinley I have no problems. Fairly steep stuff off the top of the downs again no issues getting over the back of the bike.

They are great bikes, I love mine. However there maybe better options this year...I've not looked that closely.
  • Stoo61
    Might be perfect for me you know....I havent done any racing yet but I dont want to rule it out and would like to try it. Been looking at a P7 which obviously has weight issues. Cube is cheaper too I think.....och, I dont know! :?
  • Eranu
    Eranu Posts: 712
    Well the Reaction is light for the money, despite what some people may say. It climbs really well even with my huge weight on it :) P7 is a different type of bike imo try them both if you can. I would also look at the Boardmans myself they look great value this yar.