Ok got my carbon bits?

canada16
canada16 Posts: 2,360
edited November 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
Hey

Just bought a Ritchey WCS barbon riser and OMG its sweet, and I thought the box was empty, serious.

Anyway, I was looking at buying the Carbon stem to match but the one on wiggle is way to long and I aint paying 100+ for it, so might get the wet black WCS to match.

Now what I am wondering, and only for re-sale value only, would it be possible to put some sort of electric black tape or something like that to protect were the brakes and stuff go, or would you get slip from that, and its no good?

Just for re-sale value, im not that anal that I got to keep things looking brand new until it dies, well except my laptop and computer and my bike and clothes.... wait a minute I am that anal.... :lol:

Thanks guys

Comments

• johnsav
    johnsav Posts: 775
    dont see why not, might look a little daft though.
    Ive got the same bar and its not really been marked by fitting the gear on it.
  • canada16
    How do you find the sweep on it, its quite higher than my bars I have right now.
  • johnsav
    im finding it ok to be honest, the sweep is different to my last bars though.
  • canada16
    I would put the tape inside everything so you would not see it, maybe I am being a bit strange.

Yeh my bars are riser but flat on the grip its like 4 degree sweep, but the ritchey has like 9 degrees.

I cant belive how light it was, I thought the box was empty, LOL I paid 50.00 for an empty box. :lol:
  • johnsav
    i paid less :P

plus i got the seatpost for free off a nice kind friend!
  • johnsav
    well used officially, but not used as it got put in a bike and never riden!
  • canada16
    I thought I got a good deal.

But none of my mates ride, so got to rely on fleabay and new.

But then again some used bits on ebay are more expensive than new.

I want the stem to match but way to much for my wallet, was going to get the one at merlins but they only have 110mm, too long as I heard it slows your turning ect.
  • Salsa
    Salsa Posts: 753
    I have bought the bars/1 bolt seat post/stem & forks (all WCS Carbon versions) in the last month & yeah they are so nice. You should have looked on Wiggle as I got one of the 90mm carbon matrix stems (OEM no box version) for £60 :lol: in their sale, they are all gone now though.
  • canada16
    Ohh I cant belive that.

Will have to keep looking or just buy the wet black stem, as cant afford 100 +
  • Salsa
    Salsa Posts: 753
    Yeah was a bit of a super bargain, like you I couldn't justify the £130rrp for it & not even E-bay had any cheap. Soon as I spotted it I just bought it as it wasn't that much more than the wet black one I was going to buy & it looks great with the rest of the matching kit.
    I will say it does flex a little bit & whether that's because of the tight 4 bolt pattern or the carbon I'm not sure, doesn't bother me though as I run rigid anyway & it only seems to do it when I stand up & rock the bars. I am more of a high cadence spinner type rather than a grunty power rider so I rarely do that anyway.
  • canada16
    Eww

I climb some steep hills and will be putting a lot of pressure on the stem so maybe the alloy would be better.

Not sure how carbon stems hold up on steep hills and pushing the bars