TK. maxx winter clothing stuff

latinthrasher
latinthrasher Posts: 137
edited November 2008 in MTB buying advice
I popped into to tk maxx the other day and they got their sale on winter/ski/snowboard stuff,
and i wondered if any of it would be suitable for the cold 2-3 hours of trail riding?

i saw loadsa base layers from these random brands but around a decent price and plenty of winter gloves, including one that caught my eye, it was from scott, pretty warm and comfy, nice desighn with rubbery fingertips and i wanted to know if those be any good for riding with as they are intended for the snow, and could i take a chance on their base layers? Might be buying this saturday...

thnx :)

Comments

• Base layers are worth the investment. Avoid cotton based as they hold water and can cause you to get very cold very quickly. My personal preference is for Helly Hansen base layers, use them for everything from kayaking to sailing to skiing. Always keep me at a comfortable temperature and wick away a lot of sweat.

Thick gloves could reduce your feel of the bike, thus reducing the control you have, but it's a personal thing you may find that a better alternative to numb fingers.
    If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!