RP Training Group ride 29th/30th Nov?

2»

Comments

• felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    I have had a look at this : http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/today.asp?zipcode=windsor which says its cloudy and cold and a little wet. I guess I will decide tomorrow morning whether I am up for it.... Need to get some miles in if I am going to have a cheeky race on 6th December...
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,804
    did anybody go?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    Lack of response tells me not - our first complete no-show :(

Well, next weekend is Sunday only for me due to racing at Hillingdon on Sat (I'll be riding there and back though!), and I potentially already have riding plans for Sun 7th... :roll:

I seem to recall Myk-ee is headed back home for the Christmas period and so possibly won't be seen until January now (?). My plans are a bit up in the air for Dec at the mo as I'm planning to do most of the Hillingdon series but also have a potential MTB trip to Wales on the weekend of the 13th and am supposed to be back in Sussex the weekend after... :oops:

I'll stick up a new thread later unless anyone beats me to it - my plans for Sun 7th are still subject to change so I could still get a ride in...
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    GG and I did a loop out to Windsor then back via Taplow, all up about 100kms.

It was bl**dy cold though. Took about 5 hours for my feet to defrost, during which time they swelled up to the size of hobbit feet. Not good! Just ordered some fleece lined 3mm thick neoprene winter booties, mmmm...

I'll keep my eye out over the next 2 weekends but not looking likely that I'll get out again till mid Jan.

Was also thinking about signing up for The Willy Warmer audax (I kid thee not, that's what its called), any other takers for 31 Jan: http://www.aukweb.net/cal/calsolo.php?Ride=09-943
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • Rich-Ti
    Good man Myk-ee - our reputation remains intact! :wink: 8) :lol:

Might be up for that Audax, will have a proper look later 8)
  • When I got home, I discovered that I had forgotten to put inner soles in my shoes, so I had holes in both socks, a blister on one foot over the cleat bolt, and a bloody hole on the other foot.

Good job it was cold, I didn't feel a thing.

I was the original organiser of The Willy Warmer BTW.
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    [Gavin Gilbert]I was the original organiser of The Willy Warmer BTW.[/Gavin Gilbert]

So we have you to thank for the name??[/quote]
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • Rich-Ti
    Myk-ee - I see you still haven't got the hang of the 'Quote' button! :wink::lol:
  • Myk-ee wrote:
    [Gavin Gilbert]I was the original organiser of The Willy Warmer BTW.[/Gavin Gilbert]

So we have you to thank for the name??
    [/quote]

I planned to run a shorter event on the same day named 'The Little Willy' :lol: