Ribble cycles

sturmey
sturmey Posts: 964
edited January 2009 in Campaign
Just been in the shop today to order a winter training bike and wanted to say I was impressed with how helpful ,honest and down to earth the two members of staff were.
Both decent blokes.
Have mail ordered a few times from them recently too and found no problem with the service.

Comments

• spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    Nice advert there place by Ribble Cycles
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • it is a bit weird to have that as your first post. but i really thought ribble were better than that. anyone from ribble care to enlighten us? confirm it's not them? delete the post if it is?
  • sturmey
    Assure you i don't have any connection with them.
    I last went there about 5/6 years ago and found then none too helpful.
    Some of the comments on this forum led me to expect the same this time round.But I was pleasantly surprised.
    I have dealt with quite a few bike shops In Manchester where I live and could name a few where the attitude of the staff suggests they are not very happy in their jobs!
  • nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735
    My dealings with them recently have been extremely positive as well!
    Maybe we shouldn't always be cynical!
  • sturmey
    Hey, I might have to wait 6 months for my bike yet.

Then I'll be back on here slating them!
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    I pop into the shop quite regularly and always get a descent welcome from the guys. The mail order service used to be pretty dire when they were running it from the shop but since they've moved to Bamber Bridge and sorted that out, I've never had any problems. The only problem is that sometimes the shop doesn't have the full range of stock, so worth a call before you make a trip.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Lowie
    Lowie Posts: 4
    Evening all, my first post (i think it is anyway-been a member for a while now). I have read a few things about Ribble. I stumbled accross their website when i needed some parts a while back. They had 15% off orders over £50 at the time. My stuff came within a matter of days with a voucher code for another discount on my next order. Used them again and my goods arrived even quicker. They get top marks from me.
    Richard Lowe
  • grantus
    grantus Posts: 690
    I have also had good service from Ribble however my mate ordered one of their winter builds and had to wait 4 weeks instead of 2 for it and had to constantly chase them for information.

Seems they were swamped with orders for the bikes at that time.
  • JPJ
    JPJ Posts: 11
    I ordered some stuff last week, Wednesday afternoon in fact, rec'd an email on Saturday to say it had been posted, landed on my doorstep on Tuesday morning.. :)

I live in Western Australia, less than a week, bl**dy fantastic :D , can't even get that service from Melbourne or Sydney.

This has been my fourth order with then over a year or so, no issues..
  • I have ordered from Ribble about 3 or 4 times per year for the last 4 or so years and have had good service each time. There are bound to be times when their service slips up - everyones does, I think you just have to accept that at busy times things go awry in any industry etc...
  • rajMAN
    rajMAN Posts: 429
    I agree wholeheartedly with the opening thread. having dealt with the shop over the last 15 years or so and have always found the staff very encouraging and relaxed. Any business has its problems from time to time and especially when dealing with mail order, people are generally slow to praise and extremely quick to criticise. Ribble in my opinion is one of the most relaxed shops in the country to browse around and ponder the spending of more hard earned £££. Over the years Iv had some great chats in the shop with staff and other customers! so long live Ribble in these economic times :)
  • sorry to jump on the we *heart* ribble cycles, but.. i was in preston a while ago at a funeral for a friend gig, and remembered that it was in preston and thought id pop in to see what it was like, soon as i walked in dressed in my finest punk attire, they were so friendly and didnt judge or anything, were very helpfull with helping me choose a jacket and while waiting at the till to pay, over heard one of the staff talking to a bloke about getting measured up for a road bike frame and he was so nice, and you could tell the customer was trying to ask awkward questions but the staff guy knew what he was talking about but not in a patronising way... if only every bike shop was like that
    1892 Posts: 1,690
    I've used them a few times, no problems even when I had to send something back faulty, they swapped it.
    Justice for the 96