Hey peeps im new...

Wheelieguy
Wheelieguy Posts: 139
edited November 2008 in MTB beginners
Hello everyone thought id post a quick howdo, im john im 27 and from hull.

Used to be into mtb`ing in a big way when i was younger but foolishly gave it up and sold off all the parts from my steed :cry:

Almost 10 years down the line i have realised the error of my ways after finding my old "dirt" video and watchin it again and have rebuilt my old bike and have started to get back out and about, i used to be well into street and trick type riding so naturally i tried to pop a wheelie and to my amazement can still do it along with bunny hop track stand side hops and a few other bits and bobs!

Im going to set myself up with a new bike in the next month or so as my Giant track atx 850 is over ten years old now so needs a change, im thinking of getting a carrera vulcan as its a million times better for the price than i couldve gotten for twice its price wayy back when and looks to be a decent starting spec to build up from and ive had a ride of my mates and it feels so good to ride it made mine feel poo lol.

Anyone else in the east yorkshire area then?

John.
"Don't ask the reasons why cos there arent any, don't follow convention, never say no, just believe in what you see and let the good times roll!"

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    welcome and by the sounds of it you are far from being a newbie, wish i could wheelie and stuff but i am useless on a bike!

your choice of new bike sounds like a good one and if you need any more inspiration, there is a what bike guide in the buying section which is very comprehensive.

finally, dotn forget, pics or it didnt happen.
  • hi pal, dont know much about carreras but welcome back, i got back into bikes about 6 months ago after about a 10 year layoff and i'm loving it
  • Cheers for the welcomes guys i feel like a newbie as im so out of touch its unreal, a lot seems to have happened in the last 10 ish years ive been away but im so looking forward to getting out again and cant wait to get my new bike as my dad has swiped mine for commuting :cry:
    Ive also been looking into crud guards, lights and winter clothing so can get out even when the weather is crap which will make things a lot easier come the summer!

As for the pics, id show you guys a pic of my steed atm but its such a laughable spec as it was built up from the remnants of an old khs full sus a mate sold me cheap (only wanted forks and drivetrain as didnt have any)

But heres a pic of me bustin a wheelie (ive since been told its very chav to wheelie but its fun and in a roundabout way will help me get a feel for a bike again lol)

DSC02148.jpg
    "Don't ask the reasons why cos there arent any, don't follow convention, never say no, just believe in what you see and let the good times roll!"
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    whilst waiting for your new bike, grab your old bike back & play on that. That way you have some fun now & you will feel HOW much better it is when you get the new one!
  • I would do but my dad is always out on it using it to and from work so im stuck waiting for my funds to say yes to the carrera lol, not long now tho yeah!