Mont Ventoux Accommodation

nic_77
nic_77 Posts: 929
edited February 2009 in Tour & expedition
Hi... I'm looking for suggestions of accommodation near to Mont Ventoux - the plan is for a group of around 6-8 of us to head down for a weekend early next summer (it's actually my alternative stag weekend!) to ride the giant. Ideally we would like a gite or equivalent, but most seem to require hire for the whole week.

any recommendations or alternatives?

thanks
Nic

Comments

• nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655
    Worth searching for a cabin or stsaic for hire on a local campsite.
    Possibly try Carpentras area,as well as bedoin & Malusaine (sic)
    so many cols,so little time!
  • storck
    storck Posts: 64
    Hi have you tried Veloventoux,i know they have a gite really nice too most bookings are for weekly basis but you dont ask you dont get.good luck.
  • I've just booked accomodation at Les Arcades Le Lion D'Or after a recommendation from some friends who stayed there last year. Its about 40 euros a night and its got a pool too.

Check out http://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/les-arc ... 3db3a28e4f

Hope this helps,
    James
  • You can also base yourself in the beautiful avignon. I did the Ventoux from here. You can get a bus in the morning to Carpentras (one of the early ones). There is no problem putting your bike in the luggage area. Then ride from Carpentras to Bedoin and begin the ascent which provides a perfect warm up for the climb.
  • lamad
    lamad Posts: 1
    Hi there , no doubt you are sorted by now but I coudnt resist letting you know...or any friends planning to watch the tour de france...that we have fantastic accommodation, a carefully restored 12th c. priory just outside Malaucene and 20 mins from the Mont Ventoux TdeF route - check out www.bighouseinprovence.com...would suit party of 10+ cyclists
    Thanks for your time, Philip
  • nic 77 i have just logged on to ask the same! i have spent all afternoon druling over the destination-ventoux web site, its absolutley great and loads of info/accomodation. we are camping and its solved my problems of where to camp. get logged on
  • I plan to ride up in late April. How much snow is there usually around and just how chilly will/could it be then?
    It's an uphill climb to the bottom