Old Age

spen666
spen666 Posts: 17,709
edited November 2008 in Campaign
When does Middle Age start and when does old age start?

Just curious as to peoples thoughts and their reasons for such views.
Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666

Comments

• Eat My Dust
    Eat My Dust Posts: 3,965
    Isn't that something you can only work out properly once they're dead? My father died when he was 40, does that mean he was middle aged at 20?
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    Isn't that something you can only work out properly once they're dead? My father died when he was 40, does that mean he was middle aged at 20?

Irrespective of that point, I'd say middle age starts at 25 and old at 50. Or perhaps better lonked to events. Middle age starts on marriage and ends when kids leave home? Of the only two bits of advice that my father ever gave me, the better one was "I was 34 when I married and it was far too young...."
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • Middle age always begins about a year or two older than you are :wink:

You only realise when you hit old age that the fast car, new girlfriend and change in career were all mid-life crisis things. Luckily you are wise enough to not have a old-age crisis :D
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    Middle Age starts when you start thinking "Oh god I am getting old"
    Old age starts when you accept that you don't need "Getting" in the above statement.
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • Johnny G
    Johnny G Posts: 348
    Getting old... is better than the alternative!
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    You only realise when you hit old age that the fast car, new girlfriend and change in career were all mid-life crisis things.
    I did all that at 25 :shock:
  • Eat My Dust
    meagain wrote:
    I'd say middle age starts at 25 and old at 50. Or perhaps better lonked to events. Middle age starts on marriage and ends when kids leave home? Of the only two bits of advice that my father ever gave me, the better one was "I was 34 when I married and it was far too young...."

Surely not! I'm 33 and I was 25 when I got married and would consider myself a mere pup!

BTW I think Spens' post was a hint that he may be feeling, or should I see fearing the old age creeping in. Someone bring him a rug to keep his knees warm please!
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    meagain wrote:
    I'd say middle age starts at 25 and old at 50. Or perhaps better lonked to events. Middle age starts on marriage and ends when kids leave home? Of the only two bits of advice that my father ever gave me, the better one was "I was 34 when I married and it was far too young...."

Surely not! I'm 33 and I was 25 when I got married and would consider myself a mere pup!

BTW I think Spens' post was a hint that he may be feeling, or should I see fearing the old age creeping in. Someone bring him a rug to keep his knees warm please!

No, I'm not feeling old at all.

Your as old as the woman you feel aren't you?
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • Mike Healey
    Mike Healey Posts: 1,023
    A man's prime of life begins the moment he becomes afraid he has passed it and ends the day he admits he needs the chair arm to lever himself up from a kneeling position
    Organising the Bradford Kids Saturday Bike Club at the Richard Dunn Sports Centre since 1998
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/eastbradfordcyclingclub/
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/eastbradfordcyclingclub/
  • Eat My Dust
    spen666 wrote:
    Your as old as the woman you feel aren't you?

Suits me. Mrs EMD is 7 years younger than me. Which actually means that I don't know when I got married :oops: :oops: I would have been 27 not 25!!!
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Middle Age 55, Old age 70

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    Middle age - when you stop caring what people think about your appearance.

Old age - when you stop caring about what people think about anything.

I veer between the two and I'm numerically this side of 50!

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• iainment
    iainment Posts: 992
    spen666 wrote:
    When does Middle Age start and when does old age start?

Just curious as to peoples thoughts and their reasons for such views.

Don't worry mate - you were born middle aged.
    Old hippies don't die, they just lie low until the laughter stops and their time comes round again.
    Joseph Gallivan
  • Old age and middle age are variable values. The older you get, the older the value becomes! :D
    2 Wheels or not 2 wheels..That is not in question.