Upgrade or new bike?? Help needed

hitchen92
hitchen92 Posts: 264
edited November 2008 in Road beginners
Hi

Currently I have a Giant OCR 3, really I want something better so would it be better for me to buy a really good wheel package and groupset and put it on the bike, or sell the bike and buy something better for say £1000 or less? If so then what model's do you reccomend.

Cheers

Comments

• topdude
    topdude Posts: 1,557
    Hi, i would say sell the OCR and look at new bikes like the Giant SCR 2008 (now superceeded by the Defy 2009) or Specialized Allez. Both are great bikes and easy to find in local bike shops for a test ride. :D
    He is not the messiah, he is a very naughty boy !!
  • The new 09 Carbon Framed Boardman withe Rival?

931287sf3.th.jpgthpix.gif

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165710
    "If we all had hardtails we'd all go down the hill, just slower"
    Nick Larsen

Voodoo D-Jab Ti
    Boardman Road Team 09
    Boardman Urban Team 08
    Falcon 3 Speed
  • Al_38
    Al_38 Posts: 277
    I'd go for a new bike too, my shortlist would include:

velo vie vitesse 100
    planet x sl pro carbon
    ribble nero corsa
    cannondale caad9
    focus cayo
    kiron scandium

you could also look at buying something 2nd hand as you would likely get better value for money, just need to be careful it is in decent conditon and doesn't need loads of work.
  • Hi,
    i have done exactly the same thing as you I broke down my old bike and sold all the parts on ebay. I was going to transfer parts and add to a new frame. I wish now I would have just bought a complete new bike. It works out cheaprer in the long run and the set up is always bang on! Life is too short I say so go on treat ya self....it's an investment I say