Saturday Passout

stumpyjon
stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
edited November 2008 in MTB rides
A few of us have got a passout for Saturday so we're going to tackle about 25 miles XC on the Rossendale / Calderdale border.

We're meeting just north of Bacup at 9:30. Weather's supposed to be good, dry and sunny but bl**dy freezing (with luck the trails might actually be frozen :lol: ).

Anyone want to join us PM me.
It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result

Comments

• Yes sir!

Lets get this thread going a bit - Are there any particular features we'll encounter on the ride Jon? Any good DH bits or technical sections?

easyG - get yourself in here.
  • stumpyjon
    Hills - loads off them - no only joking. Couple of good downhill sections, nothing too technical but steep and fast, ones about 1/2 mile long, the other descent must nearly 2 miles of shallow gradient loss on good stony paths (quite a few water bars for those wanting a bit of air time). It's one of those rides where you feel like you've been somewhere when you've finished.

Great views across the Pennines, this will be a good moorland XC ride. Most of the riding is on fairly well drained surfaces so it shouldn't turn into a bog fest. Any one wanting an intro to the myriad delights of Rossendale / Calderdale should attend.

Oh there'll be biccies at my house at the end :lol: .

• huh, no-one else coming on this one tomorrow?
    come on, don't tell me all the Yorkshiremen are scared of a bit of cold weather and wind!!!
  • stumpyjon
    Bikerbaboon's up for it now despite being injured, everyone else ought to have a pretty good excuse :lol:

• Bikerbaboon
    Bikerbaboon Posts: 1,017
    I thought that dave hill would be in attendance. The weather looks good i have got my wind proof out and ready the artic wind will be fun.
    Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas
  • stumpyjon
    Heeee

weather's looking better now, wind's dropping, air temp is up to 1 deg (-4 to -7 with windchill) and it looks dry with a 50% chance of sun.

What more could we ask.

• Bikerbaboon
    Bikerbaboon Posts: 1,017
    heated pants :shock:
    Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas
  • stumpyjon
    :lol: