Mud mud glorious mud

.blitz
.blitz Posts: 6,197
edited November 2008 in MTB rides
Did my own 'Killer Loop' on Friday - cross Chase from Brocton to Castle Ring (taking in some of FtD on the way) and back. Everything was great up until a mile or two from the Ring when the trails turned to green-brown gloop. It looked as though they had been bombed and then tractors had been practising 'power slides' on them. A few times I stalled in hub-deep ruts and fell off, even though my bike stayed upright stuck in the mud.

Castle Ring is the highest point on the Chase (240m) and 200 of those metres are in the last mile so it's a fair climb but well worth the effort for the unobstructed views of Rugeley Power Station and beyond :wink: A quick banana stop and I got back on only to find I had flat up front. Of course everything was covered in cack and millions of little pine needles so it took a while to do the job properly. Once up and running again the ride back was sublime (many thanks to Swinnos at Birches Valley for the loan of the track pump) and I even extended it I was having so much fun.

Got back home about 1pm - 28 miles in 3 1/2 hours !