Specialized Sirrus from Gorton area of Manchester

bedraggled
bedraggled Posts: 140
edited November 2008 in MTB stolen
A Specialized Sirrus Hybrid & Decathlon 8.2 Rockrider mountain bike were stolen from my garage on the Reddish/Gorton border area of Manchester tonight.
The Sirrus is a silvery colour, it's a Large and changes from standard spec are SKS mudguards, a Blackburn mountain rack, Ergon bar ends & Ergon grips and Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres plus it has a second set of large bar ends in the middle of the bars that look like tri bars.
The Decathlon is different from standard because it has a rigid carbon fork with an uncut steerer (brand new fitted yesterday), Ergon grips & Ergon bar ends, WTB saddle and a home made extra long rear mudguard, the tyres are Continental Ultra Gatorskin slicks so it looks unusual because the wheels look far too small for the frame. Probably local because they knew which garage to look in.

Comments

• edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    sorry to hear that mate - I live in Prestwich so I'll keep an eye out if I see anything round here... apologies if I'm stating the obvious but keep an eye out at the local cash converters and word up all the bike shops in case they try and flog them...
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • bellys
    bellys Posts: 456
    hi mate sorry to here about your bikes im in reddish so will keep eye out for you.
  • Believe it or not I have recovered the Decathlon mountain bike. This morning I went to EBC in Rusholme to look at buying a new bike, as I walked out of the shop a lad was riding past on my bike. I stopped him and got it back. He claimed to be on his way to Gorton to pay for the bike. Unfortunately I couldn't find out where he was going but at least I got one of my bikes back. It seems as though the Sirrus probably still is in the Gorton, Levenshulme, Longsight, Rusholme area, if you spot it I'd be grateful for a reply on here. Thanks.