Had a daft idea last night...

nwallace
nwallace Posts: 1,465
Not been out on the bike for nearly a month, and weighing over a stone more than last time i was. so decided I had to head out today.
Fed up with Fife too hilly, windy and boring, wonder how far it is to Aylth, 35k hm, 70k, last time I did that I struggled. Meh, can always turn back at some point...
(It may also be to do with Blairgowrie, Coupar Angus and Alyth being reasonably cheap places to purchase a house and investigating if it is a commutable distance for me)

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/To-Aylith

Toughest hill was the brae between Dundee and Birkhill, no surprise there, what was a surprise was on the way out the drop to Newtyle from Auchterhouse looked bad going the other way, turned out to be relatively easy.

Oh and in proper dark even on high beam the Single shot Plus is dire. So how much are Fenixs?

Had always baulked at the thought of joining one of the club rides from Campy because of where they tend to head (Alyth, Blairgowrie, Coupar Angus, etc) tuns out the most difficult bit is actually getting to Campy, oh and getting up early enough, and keeping up with them and....
Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days

Comments

• Not been out on the bike for nearly a month, and weighing over a stone more than last time i was. so decided I had to head out today.
    Fed up with Fife too hilly, windy and boring, wonder how far it is to Aylth, 35k hm, 70k, last time I did that I struggled. Meh, can always turn back at some point...
    (It may also be to do with Blairgowrie, Coupar Angus and Alyth being reasonably cheap places to purchase a house and investigating if it is a commutable distance for me)

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/To-Aylith

Toughest hill was the brae between Dundee and Birkhill, no surprise there, what was a surprise was on the way out the drop to Newtyle from Auchterhouse looked bad going the other way, turned out to be relatively easy.

Oh and in proper dark even on high beam the Single shot Plus is dire. So how much are Fenixs?

Had always baulked at the thought of joining one of the club rides from Campy because of where they tend to head (Alyth, Blairgowrie, Coupar Angus, etc) tuns out the most difficult bit is actually getting to Campy, oh and getting up early enough, and keeping up with them and....

Read this several times and don't understand a word of it!