I think we should embrace electric bikes

alfablue
alfablue Posts: 8,497
I think there is a case for a dedicated section for electric bike users on this forum, they are growing in popularity, yet the users are a bit "out in the cold". I think Bikeradar might get ahead of the curve by "adopting" them as their own (and there is a whole new burgeoning market).

See this thread, and note the knee jerk initial reaction.

Comments

• -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831
    On a similar line to the "cake stop", we could call it the "Burger Bar"

;)
  • alfablue
    edited November 2008
    :D

Now, behave Liam, I know there might be some prejudices, much as there are between mtb/roadies/fixed/recumbant users, but they are all welcomed here, so why not "leccy's"?

And a new Future mag title "Cycling + LiON"? I think it could be a goer!
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    alfablue wrote:

and the sister mag giving the other side of the argument "Cycling - LiON" :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,700
    redvee wrote:
    alfablue wrote:

and the sister mag giving the other side of the argument "Cycling - LiON" :lol:
    Yeah, but then engineers and physicists would argue about which way articles should flow between them. ;)
  • JC.152
    JC.152 Posts: 645
    As the person who was the first to say "why bother with a electric bike" on that post I think there should be a special section as long as theres enough interest in them cos otherwise it'd wouldnt work and electic bikers would just post under road gear or mtb gear like they do now.
  • alfablue
    Well said JC, I would just suggest that maybe there should be a special section regardless of current interest as this will surely grow, not least because as threads are posted more people will be drawn there via google. It may be a slow burner, but I am convinced that as the costs and traumas of motoring increase, leccy bikes may be a viable alternative for those not up to (physically or emotionally) pedal powered bikes. A friend of mine (very naughty girl) took this route when she got a driving ban!
  • alfablue wrote:
    I think there is a case for a dedicated section for electric bike users on this forum, they are growing in popularity, yet the users are a bit "out in the cold". I think Bikeradar might get ahead of the curve by "adopting" them as their own (and there is a whole new burgeoning market).

See this thread, and note the knee jerk initial reaction.

Yes .... definitely there needs to be a forum for electric bicycles ... !!! There are lots of bicycles around town, and quite a few recumbants with motors, and even mountain bikes and cruisers with motors. Bike shops around town, Pep-Boys, Kragen's, Auto Zone, small auto dealers, and more are selling motorized bicycles, scooters, and recently I've seen this odd looking something, kinda like a golf cart split in half the long way ....

The other day an electric bicycle passed me by so quickly and quietly I didn't even notice until they passed me ... !!!
    - Riding 4 Life