Dogs Running Wild!

fto-si
fto-si Posts: 402
edited November 2008 in Campaign
Does anyone know if there are any laws concerning controlling dogs in both public and private places?
Let me explain my problem...there is a lady who lives not to far from me who owns 3 staffies ( not complaining about the breed, I own one myself ) and on their daily walk they run riot! No leads are used and they run all over peoples gardens, over roads, hassling peoples cats and this morning two of them ran across my front garden down to my gate and confronted my staffie who was not to happy to have 2 strangers on her territory!
After asking the owner if she could keep her dogs under control, this was after she to had walked all across my garden, she simply replied ' i will'.
I know for a fact that a similar thing will happen again tomorrow as she has no respect for anyone elses property etc.
So, is there anyone I can contact regarding this? Local council maybe?
It's only a matter a time before one of the dogs gets hit by a car or something and that's the last thing I want to see so I would love to see this owner get her dogs under control.!
exercise.png

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Have a look at my reply in this thread, think it covers your situation too

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... 9#15049739
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    She is obligated to keep them on a lead by roads and residential areas. Phone the police and grass her up - you dont know the woman or her dogs, someone could get bitten :?
  • pjh
    pjh Posts: 204
    Hmmm tell me about it!!!! :( got flipping chased by two pikey's dogs a couple of weeks ago.

There'd been a few caravans and general pikey junk on the side of the road and I'd ridden past it before, and noticed a number of dogs but they were all tied up.

Then a week later ...same place .... forgot about the pikeys till it was too late. Glanced across to my left and saw two flashes of colour running an intercept course with me.

Had one of those 'moments' ... should I turn around or try to outrun them .... decided on the latter .... both of them missed me by about 3 inches .... bloody lucky they didn't have me off the bike .....grrrrr .... pikey bastids!!!

Should have seen the pikeys pi**ing themselves laughing. My HR hit 190 very rapidly!

Thought about reporting it ,,, then came to my senses :-)

Ho hum ....

It's great to be .....
  • downfader
    pjh wrote:
    Thought about reporting it ,,, then came to my senses :-)

Might have done some good if you had. It'd give the police a reason to move them on probably... Or are these bricked up pikeys? The ones who have bought houses?
  • pjh
    pjh Posts: 204
    it was in the middle of nowhere and a week later they were gone .... no doubt moved on by the threat of legal action from the local lord of the manor!

It was very scary and all sorts of thoughts went through my mind like "should I unclip so I could give the dogs a good shoeing if poss" :wink:

think actually I did the right thing as it turned out .... if I'd hesitated for a fraction of a second longer than I did it could have been bad news.

I was more worried about damaging my bike if I fell off and getting no joy getting money back off the pikeys!!!

Plus if I'd kicked (or run over) one of their dogs they'd have probably chased me down the road in the white tranny van! (and I was literally in the middle of nowhere).

Discretion was the better part of valor that day but I was really mad! If I'd reported it I doubt whether the police would even have logged the complaint!

Too many stories like this one where pikey's are involved :cry:

It's great to be .....
  • downfader
    I've got friends and family of gypsy ilk and tbh some of these scumbags give them a bad name in the same way as the ol rlj does to us. The reason the more scummy types travel around is often to avoid being caught for petty crimes.

We had the tarmac'ers come around oneday. My father said it was a good enough price and so paid the guy and got the drive done. He did a great job too, but was caught by me brother stealing the head stone from our garden wall a week later. Another week on and me mother saw him touting for business further up the road, she followed him shouting "dont give him your money!! He's a theiving b*stard!!" etc :lol:
  • yes. phone the police and grass her up. either that or dog food laced with poison.
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    We were told by people at our dogs training classes that it is an offence to not have a dog on a leash in any public place - even an open space.
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • We were told by people at our dogs training classes that it is an offence to not have a dog on a leash in any public place - even an open space.

is that really true? if so we are a nation of lawbreakers as well as a nation of fatties, celebrity and trivia obssessives, shoplifters, 4x4 bike hating drivers etc. etc.
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    We were told by people at our dogs training classes that it is an offence to not have a dog on a leash in any public place - even an open space.

is that really true? if so we are a nation of lawbreakers as well as a nation of fatties, celebrity and trivia obssessives, shoplifters, 4x4 bike hating drivers etc. etc.

What's a 4x4 bike?
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • downfader
    spen666 wrote:

What's a 4x4 bike?

I think thats when you have two chavs trying to ride the same bike and so 4 legs. :lol:
  • fto-si
    fto-si Posts: 402
    yes. phone the police and grass her up. either that or dog food laced with poison.

As it says in my original post I am a dog owner myself and a dog lover so I am harldly going to opt for the second option!
    exercise.png
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830

It isn't true.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.