west yorkshire wednesday night ride

wildrnes
wildrnes Posts: 119
edited December 2008 in MTB rides
hi all
wed night ride next week will be going from holmfirth co op car park (we park near the recycling point)

riders of all abilities welcome, we normally finish at a pub and have a pint and a plate of chips

meet at 6:30 for 6:40 departure

the routes normally involve a long climb then a silly downhill, then a long climb then a silly downhill (we try not to push.....)

Comments

• Hi there wildrnes i think i will join you on this one if thats ok, roughly what route do you take in so i can get an idea what area you will be covering, wouldn't want you to reveal any secret routes of course. lol
  • wildrnes
    it'll be up and down and up and down , to be fair we usually just decide on the day
  • Im interested... how many people are we talking about?
  • wildrnes
    depends really on the weather (weather or not folkes can be rsed)

there are 4 of us that ride every week , and we have various people who join us when they can so one week it could be 3 one week it could be 8

route tends to be about 10 miles ish

and also tends to finish at a pub

we are a steady away bunch (not particularly fast, not super slow)
  • wildrnes
    wrap up warm it'll be cold
  • Hi guys,

Is this ride still on? I fancy a night ride tom night if poss! :)

Cheers (Matt from Meltham!)

:D
    2009 Trek Remedy 9
    Megavalance 2010 - Done!
    Megavalance 2011 - In-training!
    www.mf-racing.co.uk
  • wildrnes
    yes tonight we are actually riding from thornhill in dewsbury (about 20 mins drive)

pm me for my mobile number and exact details, but you need to be in thornhill (just down the road from the alma at about 6:30)

sorry no hot booze tonight i left my flask at home..... mind you i could just buy a bottle from the german market...
  • wildrnes
    tuesday 23 rd 6:30
    holmfirth co op

about 6 miles downhill

:wink:
  • wildrnes
    oh german market has finished so once again no hot booze....