Ribble and RENTED PowerTap: Leeds 11/11/2008

hangsheadinshame
hangsheadinshame Posts: 299
edited November 2008 in Road stolen
Hi,
I had my Ribble winter bike stoled from the garage lastnight. Please keep your eyes peeled.

Leeds, Wet Yorks, 11/11/2008.

58cm Dark Blue Ribble winter frame. Horizontal top tube, white Ribble wording. Planet-X Oversize bars. Ritchey 4-Axis Stem 110cm. Black bar tape. Campagnolo mirage 10 speed shifters. Old Metal Record front mech. Grey anodised Centau rear 10 speed mech. Old record silver calipers. Black with red trim specialized Toupe 143mm saddle. Front wheel dura-ace hub with blue-ish 32 hole mavic open pro sup rim. As tubular, chrome bottle cages.

Rear wheel is a rented PowerTap SL 2.4. very, very distintive so should be easy to spot. It has a bright brass/gold colour rim. A Big Bright Yellow plastic cap on the non-drive side of the hub. A very large silver hub body with black carbon fibre cut-outs. It is covered in stickers that say "PowerTap Rental Wheel". They did not get the head unit so assume it will be sold as a wheel or hub only.

The wheel is very distinctive looking indeed so I am thinking it is likely to turn up soon with there being (supposedly) none like this for sale. It is a rental only set up (hence the lurid design) and so very very unlikely to be for sale legitimately.

if you see this bike or any of the components please get in touch. Insurances says it's covered but that is not the point. I want to recover what I can if possible.

07736 724 079 or russell.brown@mac.com if you see it.

Gutted.

Thanks

Russell

PS Please tell anyone you can about the wheel. it is so unusual and rare I am sure it will turn up.

Comments

• Hello Russell

Did you get your bike back? See P.M.

Cheers.
  • Hi ,
    Nope didn't get it back. Rather fumbled it (as did the police). Still hold out some hope of recovering the PT one day as it is so unusual.

Didn't receive a PM yet but thanks for response.

Many thanks

Russell
  • Hi Russell

Was it your bike on ebay? (Please contact me again if I can help.)