The French - Donkey Derby winner and the Ego!

NervexProf
NervexProf Posts: 4,202
edited November 2008 in Pro race
Insightful 38 minute video here with L.A.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id= ... 7newsvideo

Thoughts anyone?
Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom

Comments

• DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Interesting interview. Funny how the "Republican" Armstrong criticises Bush and his administration for his lack of effort in the fight against cancer and that he seems to think Obama will do a very good job.

As an aside, I wonder when the supposedly more liberal European countries like France, Spain and Italy will have a black premier...
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    DaveyL wrote:
    Interesting interview. Funny how the "Republican" Armstrong criticises Bush ...
    Oh I don't know ... here's Lance out on his bike last week. 3011804130_0ac5cf649f.jpg
    The idea is no joke - in the Summer 2004, before the last election, someone in the USA patented a gadget to fit on to his bike which sprayed 'Stop Bush' at intervals on the road as he went along. It wasn't paint but chalk in a binder solution, which wore away in about two weeks so he avoided trouble from the local authorities.
    DaveyL wrote:
    As an aside, I wonder when the supposedly more liberal European countries like France, Spain and Italy will have a black premier...
    Surely it's the UK which is next in line for a 'black' premier? 7-8% of the UK pop. is of African/Caribbean or Indian suncontinent origin, whereas France, Spain and Italy have insignificant black populations.
    If France were to have a premier based on the largest foreign-origin population there, he/she wouldn't even be a North African but an Italian.
    In fact the French are halfway there to achieving that already ... No_Promises.jpg
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    DaveyL wrote:
    More liberal? That'll be the France where they almost elected a fascist in Le Pen as President earlier this decade, Italy where the government includes overt fascists like Umberto Bossi and Spain which was a fascist dictatorship when Carlos Sastre was born and they still monkey noises at football matches and "black up" to mock Lewis Hamilton. So a black political leader. Io no credo!
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    My point exactly, as I was being ironic. Certain posters on here would have you believe otherwise though...
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    DaveyL wrote:
    I was being ironic.
    Sorry I missed your irony. Perhaps had you constructed the sentence more concisely, and with country examples within the range of reality, I might have got your leaning. For example, …

“I imagine the UK will follow the US lead and soon elect an Indian as Prime Minister”.

Although, on the other hand, I’m not so sure that this would work as irony, when only this weekend, of all newspapers, the Sunday Telegraph (!) wrote that it would welcome a British version of Obama as prime minister in order to quell the accusations of the UK being a hopeless case of a racist society. Or perhaps the Sunday Telegraph was just having its joke (about a UK-Obama; it couldn't really joke about the accusations).

Still, I hope to see the Sunday Telegraph keep their word and campaign for Tariq Ali as the next Prime Minister!