Glentress night rides

Steve_F
Steve_F Posts: 682
edited November 2008 in MTB rides
Hi everyone. I have been going to GT on Wednesday nights for the past few weeks and am starting to get a bit concerned about how quiet it is when I go.

I was wondering if there was anyone else looking for a riding buddy, I tend to be ready to go around 5pm, Wednesdays are a good night for me but could do other nights if anyone wanted to.

I know there are plenty of people who head out around 7, this is a bit later than I'd like but are any of these groups open to a bit more company?

Hopefully I can go faster if I have the saftey in numbers feeling rather than crawling around at a safe speed! And maybe spooky woods won't be sooooo spooky!!!!!!
Current steed is a '07 Carrera Banshee X
+ cheap road/commuting bike

Comments

• At night? it's an effin hard track in the day.

On the flip side mat be carefull if out there on yir jack, a small tumble could put you in big bother if it's quiet up there.
  • Team515
    Team515 Posts: 141
    A few guys on here go wed nights

http://www.mtb-borders.com/
  • Steve_F
    Steve_F Posts: 682
    Nice one cheers, I'll have a look at that site tomorrow.

I am always super cautious on my tod but it doesn't matter how slow you go in the dark so I'm still worried. I do leave word when I'll be back and when I'm going and there seems to be a lot of action later, just 2 hours after I like to set off!!

Amazing the difference in the track between day and night, the corners I think I know so well are a complete mystery.
    Current steed is a '07 Carrera Banshee X
    + cheap road/commuting bike
  • Team515
    Team515 Posts: 141
    Never tried it in the dark yet