Boxing day blast.

Bikerbaboon
Bikerbaboon Posts: 1,017
edited November 2008 in MTB rides
Im planning a ride out on boxing day for all yorkshire folk and any one that wants to be yourkshire folk for the day. ( even them sotherners are welcome.)

here is the plan....

out early.
work up a bloddy big hill in time of sun up.
turky sarny and mince pie as brekkie.
then finish of the ride.
1/2 day on the bike so people can get back home for the afternoon trip to the inlaws.

Need a place to go ?

Dalby ( easy of finding for non locals and good all weather trail but no hill to get to the top of for sun up)

the loop round nidderdale

the hill at middles moor is a long easyish climb to do in the dark and then a nice blitz back round.

please give sugestions and link to the starting point. once we try to narrow down to a few spots i will try to do another topic with a vote for thre place to end 3 weeks b4 xmass. whoever posts the winning spot will lead the ride.

fingers X for snow on the day as that would make it great.

please also let me know what you think of the idea.
Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas

Comments

• .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Kudos to you for making the effort but with all due respect Boxing Day morning has got to be the worst time to go out for a bike ride...ever ! Everybody and his dog is out 'walking off' the excesses of the day before*

Stay in and fit all those new MTB bits Santa brought you or fire up the PlayStation.

*BTW Xmas day is a great time to go for a bike ride
  • Bikerbaboon
    i was planning a before dawn start and if people are out and about then i would be shocked.

Xmass day would be better but i think the wife would draw the line and start to remove my prezzies.
    new year night would be good also but i dont realy want to do a big ride out in hte dales over night. ( waytomuch to go wrong)
  • I will be in Yorkshire on Boxing day, although it'll be for the Leeds v Leicester game :P
  • sounds good, just depends where abouts the ride ends up for me. Being on the far east of Yorkshire, i don't really fancy 2-3drive back on Boxing day.. But, we'll see where the ride is first.
    Yorkshire Man living in Somerset
    http://twitter.com/Mattharperbikin
  • I'd normally be up for a big ride but have to agree with the first reply - I'd be in no fit state to straddle the Crush the day after boxing day.

I think Stumpyjon is arranging a dales ride quite soon - could be a chance for a few of us to meet up then?

The thread will be going up for it soon.
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    sounds like a reet grand idea tha noz. Not sure i could swing it with the missus for B.Day. Anyway I will probably be too busy playing lego 8)
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • bells0
    bells0 Posts: 414
    No work for me from Xmas Eve till Jan 5th so could be up for a blast.

Not sure on Boxing day though, usually drink myself silly to get through the boredom of Xmas day, so could be suffering come Dec 26th! :)
  • Hey Baboon, thats if you can last til Boxing Day without injuring yourself some more! Hate Boxing Day usually so sounds like an idea to me! Hope the wrist is ok....
    I've never hurt myself falling off. It'e the damn floor that hurts!!!!
  • Bikerbaboon
    Hands ok but i have a bruse over the whole palm, The wife was not best pleased at the 3 hours in A+E waiting on the x ray. Hope your toes heal up soon.... Getting flats on this week once i can hold a pedal spanner in my left hand. :shock: