Don Carlin interview

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited November 2008 in Pro race
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/The ... 71550.html

A lot of "I don't know" - Which could be a strength. Or a weakness.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Is he related to George Carlin?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • iainf72
    Google Trends tells us Michele Ferrari will win :wink:

http://www.google.com/trends?q=michele+ ... lin&ctab=0
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    I see Lance accepts Caitlin will be able to conduct retrospective testing...surely this is scary enough a prospect for LA not to consider anything for fear he will get tarnished further down the road.
  • iainf72
    As I'm prone to saying, a verbal contract is not worth the paper it's written on
  • dave_1
    iainf72 wrote:
    As I'm prone to saying, a verbal contract is not worth the paper it's written on

how much cred would LA have if he disputes a Caitlin retest in 4 years time given he called the 1999 sample custody into question...would look desperate, no?
  • iainf72
    Will Armstrong have any prior idea what you are looking for or do you have carte blanche with what you do with his samples?

DC: I have carte blanche. We have not signed any agreement. The lawyers haven't even started to look at that sort of stuff, but we've spoken enough to know that he's not going to put any limitations on this, there's no reason to
  • dave_1
    iainf72 wrote:
    Will Armstrong have any prior idea what you are looking for or do you have carte blanche with what you do with his samples?

DC: I have carte blanche. We have not signed any agreement. The lawyers haven't even started to look at that sort of stuff, but we've spoken enough to know that he's not going to put any limitations on this, there's no reason to

will they not have to put something down in writing given the power Caitlin will have? Am sure LA will want something beyond a verbal agreement to use to sue if need be?
  • iainf72
    Dave_1 wrote:

will they not have to put something down in writing given the power Caitlin will have? Am sure LA will want something beyond a verbal agreement to use to sue if need be?

Exactly. Both sides need it legally binding.

So at this stage Don isn't sure what he's going to do and not sure what Lance will agree to on paper.
  • dave_1
    iainf72 wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

Exactly. Both sides need it legally binding.

So at this stage Don isn't sure what he's going to do and not sure what Lance will agree to on paper.

well...let's see. Maybe they will have something in writing by 09?
  • I wonder if Don is thinking he's been used in the Armstong PR spin? Just wheel'd him out at the Clinton conference with just the verbal contract? I can see the lawyers sitting on this for a long time.
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    From the tone of his answers I take it that Caitlin will walk away if any restrictions are put on him. Of course things need to be in place legally but he doesn't come across to me as anybody's fool.
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    I'm really surprised at the spin machine letting this interview out in public - far too many loose ends and areas for questioning - the fact that there is nothing more than a verbal agreement is quite frankly astonishing