Winter Clothing

KT1973
KT1973 Posts: 93
edited November 2008 in MTB beginners
I've been riding in shorts up until a couple of weeks ago but it's getting much colder now so I was considering getting trousers/pants. I was thinking of going for endura singletrack since they seem to get a good review.
Has anyone used them and if so, are they any good. I mainly do xc through local woods etc and I'd also appreciate the full length trousers to be able to protect my legs from the nettles and gorse bushes that are common where I ride.

Is it worth going for full lengthers or should I just get 3/4?

Cheers

Comments

• dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    I wear bib tights with my baggy shorts over the top. I've just got a set of Endura WindTex thermal bib tights and they're brilliantly warm, water-resistant and windproof.

The upside to wearing tights/leggings rather than trousers is that they're more close fitting so are less likely to snag on the bike/undergrowth..
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • I find 3/4 shorts snag on bottle cages, and just seem to get caught over my knees. Just get full length leggings or bib tights and wear unlined baggies over the top.
    Northwind wrote: It's like I covered it in superglue and rode it through ebay.