Condor fixed dilemma!!

Ashley_R
Ashley_R Posts: 408
edited November 2008 in Road general
Finally decided to take the plunge and get a fixie and made my mind up on a Condor Pista

Went down to the shop to get sized up, all set for the purchase, problem being they've sold out in my size of 08 frames and the 09 one isn't available for another 6 weeks, is £50 more and is a differnet paint scheme that I've not seen in the flesh.

They do have another fixed there in my size, a Tempo, not the exact spec I want but available now for the same price, do I wait for what I really want or get the tempo, or get a Langster?? :wink:
You can lead an elephant to water but a pencil must be lead

Comments

• gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    how much is the tempo?

I think that if it's not exactly what you want then you should either wait or save the money and get a langster
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    A quick skim of the Condor pages suggests to me that quite different bikes! If you want one of them, then the other is surely not an acceptable substitute - at any price difference!
    I'd choose the Tempo (especially this time of year) - but then I truly hate sitting in a pool of water, while the spray from the rear soaks down my neck....
    And I don't only ride tarmac.
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • Ashley_R
    The tempo was £700, same as the 08 Pista, the bike I really want

Whichever I get I'd be fitting race blade mudguards to it

Think I'm coming round to a six week wait and holding out for the bike I really want
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    If you'll fit Raceblades, why, pray, would you not get a bike that takes proper 'grds?
    Genuine question - I really can't see the reasoning.
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    i can see the reasoning - full mudgards are ugly and awkward to fit / remove (compared to raceblades - which you can take of for the odd dry day) - plus full mudguards, whilst they keep your feet dry (which is nice) they enhance toe overlap quite a bit.
  • Ashley_R
    Took the plunge and ordered the Pista, its the bike I really want like you say, roll on the next 6 weeks till I get it!

Only downside is that Condors are insisting I go down there again for a full bike fitting even though I know all my dimensions, I'm the customer!! :evil:
  • I think you made the right choice, Better to have what you really want, I've been looking for a particular bike for nearly 3 years, so 6 weeks will fly by.
  • Dickie
    Dickie Posts: 1,489
    Petes right it will fly by. If I get my frame building sorted out Pete I will build you a replica curved tube Taylor if you want.
  • Excellent, I think I can get my hands on a curved tube........................