Veloventoux - good samaritans.

john_wr
john_wr Posts: 50
A post to say a big public thank you to Craig and Vicky of Veloventoux for the help (food and water) they gave me at the summit of Ventoux in September.

I was not part of their organised group, but having just ground my way to the summit on my 44yr old Bob Jackson with 60’s gearing (bottom gear 45x25) and only one bottle cage I was feeling chuffed and elated, but in desperate need for some food and drink. Having seen their minibus parked at the summit, I cheekily asked if they could spare me some water. Imagine my delight at the reply “you can eat and drink as much as you like”. They then made me feel even better by giving the “old bike” a thorough looking at. Never has the descent of Ventoux to Malaucene been better.

Why was I on such a ride? Well I was on a long caravan holiday and passing through Provence to Italy to ride the 135k l’Eroica ride in Tuscany.

So with the Etape in their area of France, next year my best wishes go to Craig and Vicky for a well supported and successful year in 2009.

John

Comments

• That's good to know as I plan on going out to Ventoux again (only done it once, climbed up from Malaucene, descended to Bedoin and then road round the bottom back to the car in Malaucene).

Ventoux and the Etape will have to wait as I'll be starting LEL the day after the Ventoux TdF stage.

Although 2010 I'll be doing this:-: http://www.clubcinglesventoux.org/

:)
    --
    If I had a baby elephant signature, I\'d use that.
  • Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    I have done the Ventoux from Bedoin and Maulacine when I was over with Craig and Vicky. Our holiday was faultless and Veloventoux get a lot of compliments from people on this forum.

I will be back - I want another crack at the Bedoin side. Its an amazing climb!
    Brian B.
  • bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    I can't thank Craig & Vicky enough. I stayed with them last year and my bags were lost / delayed and they sorted me out with kit, casual clothes and taxied me everywhere to get shoes, etc.

While I was there 2 Scottish kids paid just for one night's accomodation (rather than full service), and one of them conked out at Chalet Reynard. Craig went out and picked him up without charge.

A great couple. :D
  • bahzob
    bahzob Posts: 2,195
    Greenbank wrote:
    Ventoux and the Etape will have to wait as I'll be starting LEL the day after the Ventoux TdF stage.

:)

Etape is 20th July, LEL 26th-31st July isnt it? Hope so as booked for both.
    Martin S. Newbury RC
  • I stayed with Craig and Vicky at Veloventoux in late September and had a great time, very relaxed and a great atmosphere, couldn't recommend it enough.
    I'm already saving my pennies to go back