Grizedale

sparrowlegs78
sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
edited January 2009 in Routes
Hi Peeps,
Going to Grizedale on Sunday....what highlights and lowlights have i to look forward to?
Cheers peeps, Caz xxxxxxxxxx

Comments

• Aww i put it in gereral coz no one looks in here much...gutted!!!!!
  • Grizedale is my usual route with my bros, love it :)
    1st ascent is a bit of a killer but has some downs in it to make it more enjoyable.
    quite a bit of fire-road, but after you do the boardwalks...its all fun 8)

oh at the very end...you pick up speed over what looks like a nice shallow decent next to some fields, however there is a blind corner with a double gate on the trail...just make sure your on your toes for it 'cus it comes up fast! there is also another gate just after that one, after another short downhill section! and they have always been closed when i've done it :(

Hope you enjoy it!
  • Cheers peeps :D
    Roll on tomorrow...can't wait.
    Caz xxxx
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    Grizedale is my usual route with my bros, love it :)
    1st ascent is a bit of a killer but has some downs in it to make it more enjoyable.
    quite a bit of fire-road, but after you do the boardwalks...its all fun 8)

oh at the very end...you pick up speed over what looks like a nice shallow decent next to some fields, however there is a blind corner with a double gate on the trail...just make sure your on your toes for it 'cus it comes up fast! there is also another gate just after that one, after another short downhill section! and they have always been closed when i've done it :(

Hope you enjoy it!

I rode this for the 1st time last saturday in very wet conditions....absolutely love it,can't wait to do it again 8) Pity about the 8 or 10 walkers on the last fast DH :x
  • Wen't up there at the weekend - not been for a while, but have ridden the North Face several times over last couple of years:

My top tip: Get off the beaten track!

There are a load of other bridleways in the area, and three or four of them are the most awesome flowing downhill fun I've had in a long time.Lumps, bumps and bruises for free!

I'd map them, but lack the technology - but if you've got the OS map of the area, have a look at the tracks up and down Parkamoor, happy happy days!
  • grisedale is good but you have to be inventive if you want to score airtime, very good for getting fit and is great fun, good one for the legs because of the fireroad involved but also flows nice and fast

Yukon Lad :D
    Drop, Berm, Jump, Sky, Sky, Sky, Sweet Beautiful Earth OUCH, OUCH,OUCH, ****! GORSE BUSH!!!

Giant Yukon FX2
    Kona Stab Deluxe 2008
  • Grizedale is also good for fast night riding if you are able to get here during the week. we practically have it to ourselves- me and the dogs that is. they have head torches around their necks and run through the forest , really cool.
    A pal of mine lives on the other side of the forest near pakamoor which is a nice ride out from me near high cross. another pal lives just by the visitor centre, this time of year they are a good brew stop.

the boards are really slippy at the moment though, but the firetracks are still good fun.
    A bike is for life not just for xmas
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    S1eepless wrote:
    Grizedale is also good for fast night riding if you are able to get here during the week. we practically have it to ourselves- me and the dogs that is. they have head torches around their necks and run through the forest , really cool.
    A pal of mine lives on the other side of the forest near pakamoor which is a nice ride out from me near high cross. another pal lives just by the visitor centre, this time of year they are a good brew stop.

Jammy git... :shock: :roll:
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • ro63rt
    ro63rt Posts: 59
    Just done in on Sunday & having lived in the lakes & mountain biked here for years I've never done it. Just simply because there is so much more other good stuff around & I'd heard it was ok. It really did surprise me, not technical, a few too many fireroad sections, but very enjoyable & the boardwalk sections were fun. Especially the one with a routh choice & the skinny.