Trick or treat?

linsen
linsen Posts: 1,959
edited November 2008 in Commuting chat
My friend answers the door with a cheery "treat please", and hold his hand out.

Gets them every time :D

Round here, in leafy suburbia (ish) I have just seen some lads in black hoodies with (hopefully pretend) rifles which they are brandishing at the nighbours. All slightly alarming...
Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome

Comments

• nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    No guisers have been round here, jsut as well as there is no bowl of sweets either!
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    The joys of a first floor flat on a main road, no kids come knocking :D
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • girv73
    girv73 Posts: 842
    Managed to be out (at Tesco ... boo!) for the prime door knocking hours. Score!

@linsen call the police and tell them you saw three men with guns going into your neighbours house :lol:
    Today is a good day to ride
  • snakehips
    snakehips Posts: 2,272
    I got a branch snapped off a bush in my front garden for my failure to answer the door to these cheeky little pranksters last night

Snake

my bikes ... http://beta.yudu.com/library/item_details/17432/Snakehips--Bikes
    'Follow Me' the wise man said, but he walked behind!
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Around my way they come off the estates and they're usually in their late teens. Not real trick or treaters. They do the same around the last week of november trying to sing christmas carols. Weird how they only remember the first line of a song and then hum the rest.

We dont answer the door often, you can imagine. :lol:
  • My dad had a friend who used to open the door to trick treaters, shout "trick!" and throw flour over them. He was a bit wierd that guy, funny but wierd... :lol:
    jedster wrote:
    Just off to contemplate my own mortality and inevitable descent into decrepedness.
    FCN 3 or 4 on road depending on clothing
    FCN 8 off road because I'm too old to go racing around.
  • I had some really cute kids with their mums hovering in the background. Asked them what the trick was to buy myself some time to find something to give them, they didn't think of a trick, but told me a joke instead:

What did the ghost teacher say to her class?

Now look at the whiteboard and I'll go through it one more time....

I liked it! :lol:
  • We didn't get anyone round our place this year. We did get a lot of fireworks being set off, though: from the front garden of next-door-but-one! :twisted:
  • Jen J
    Jen J Posts: 1,054
    I had some really cute kids with their mums hovering in the background. Asked them what the trick was to buy myself some time to find something to give them, they didn't think of a trick, but told me a joke instead:

What did the ghost teacher say to her class?

Now look at the whiteboard and I'll go through it one more time....

I liked it! :lol:

That makes me feel old - when I was at school we had blackboards...
    Commuting: Giant Bowery 08
    Winter Hack: Triandrun Vento 3
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    Remember how scratchy the chalk was on them.....

I don't think I could teach if blackboards were still around - can't stand dry fingers...
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • My high school got all their blackboards replaced with whiteboards while I was there. Then they started getting fancy projector-integrated smartboards - anything to spend money on.

My university still uses blackboards :)
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Round here there's an unwritten rule that if you have a lantern outside your house then you will welcome trick or treaters, otherwise they'll leave you alone. In our first year here we had a big bowl of sweets but no lantern outside but no-one knocked. All the more for me! This year my daughter was out there for the first time for the best night of her life. She loved knocking on doors and then being given free sweets!
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.