Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    symo wrote:
    cee wrote:
    symo wrote:
    Devon is the best place for fish and chips

Nope...you are incorrect

The hole in the wa' chippy in Anstruther (east neuk of Fife) is the best chippy...fishmonger......pffff why involve a middle man...

those fish come off the boat and delivered straight ot the chippy
    Well if we are talking Scotland then Isle of Arran at Brodick port, the fish and chippy there is particularly awesome. Still not the Trinity Street Fisherie though.

So what were you doing in Town? and when?

and yes I agree.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Despite the assertion on Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares last night that Brighton doesn't have any decent fresh fish, it was there that I had the best fish and chips I can remember a few weeks ago.
  • biondino
    Hang - wtf am I talking about? I was in Eastbourne, not Brighton? Ah well, they're all the same down there...
  • My Turkish wife can't decide between "Manti" (Turkish ravioli with fresh yoghurt and seasoned with dried red pepper and mint) or Kofte (hand-made Turkish meatballs) with a side dish of Kisi (Bulgar wheat with lemon juice and spring onions). Changed days! The only culinary decision I used to make as a single man was between red or brown sauce on my chips.
  • biondino
    Manti, I think. My gf is making me dinner and has gone to Selfridges for ingredients! V exotic. Dunno what she'll make, mind.
  • Jen J
    Jen J Posts: 1,054
    biondino wrote:
    Manti, I think. My gf is making me dinner and has gone to Selfridges for ingredients! V exotic. Dunno what she'll make, mind.

Just watch out for chillis?
    Commuting: Giant Bowery 08
    Winter Hack: Triandrun Vento 3
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    Spaghetti with spinach (the king of veg) and marscapone.
  • Jen J wrote:
    biondino wrote:

Just watch out for chillis?

Nooooooo! Let's not go there again... it was waaaaay TMI last time. :shock:
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    don_don wrote:
    BigJimmyB wrote:
    Minge

That's a sort of stew isn't it?

you're thinking of clam chowder
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • biondino wrote:
    Hang - wtf am I talking about? I was in Eastbourne, not Brighton? Ah well, they're all the same down there...

Steady on! Brighton & Eastbourne are two very different towns I'll have you know. The finest chippy in Brighton, nay the world*, is Bardsleys on Baker Street. It's won awards and everything...

Ecto.

*possibly
    Only a Pawn in their Game...
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    I have eaten all the carbohydrates in Dorset for the last two days, so dinner will be a large piece of meat.......

And I've barely ridden my steeds all week (half-term, children moan moan) so obviously I have now gained a stone or three and lost ALL my fitness :cry:
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • Jen J
    Ach, may as well give it all up now. Take up residence on the sofa, and get Domino's on speed dial ;)
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Jen J wrote:
    Ach, may as well give it all up now. Take up residence on the sofa, and get Domino's on speed dial ;)

Jaysus! You live in Wimbledon and what? You must be 29 - 35 yrs old. Put a dress/skirt/leggings/jeans and top on go over to the Terrace or Jim Beans, drink yourself merry and put yourself out there to been seen girl.

Life isn't over yet. It only begins when you loose your inhibitions and stop caring what others think! As I said before "liberated soul!"

I almost feel like dragging you out myself and finding you a man! (Probably one of my friends: he works for channel 4, 25 and he's funny but not a clown, good looking but not pretty, hairy but not chewbacca, caring but not stifling, strong but not intimidating, tall but not lanky etc - he may need training though..... :wink: )
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Jen J
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Jen J wrote:

Jaysus! You live in Wimbledon and what? You must be 29 - 35 yrs old. Put a dress/skirt/leggings/jeans and top on go over to the Terrace or Jim Beans, drink yourself merry and put yourself out there to been seen girl.

Life isn't over yet. It only begins when you loose your inhibitions and stop caring what others think! As I said before "liberated soul!"

I almost feel like dragging you out myself and finding you a man! (Probably one of my friends: he works for channel 4, 25 and he's funny but not a clown, good looking but not pretty, hairy but not chewbacca, caring but not stifling, strong but not intimidating, tall but not lanky etc - he may need training though..... :wink: )

Noooooo! I was telling linsen to do that, seeing as she's put on forty stone this week and is now more unfit than a 20yr comatose veteran ;)

And for what it's worth I have a man spending the weekend with me (or half of it at least) so neerrrrrr.

Your friend sounds a bit, um, indistinct...

But hey, I'm not ruling anything out...

:lol:
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • linsen
    Jen J wrote:
    Noooooo! I was telling linsen to do that, seeing as she's put on forty stone this week and is now more unfit than a 20yr comatose veteran ;)

Blimey have you actually seen me Jen :oops:

:wink:
  • Jen J
    linsen wrote:
    Jen J wrote:

Blimey have you actually seen me Jen :oops:

:wink:

xx
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • DonDaddyD
    Jen J wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Jen J wrote:

And for what it's worth I have a man spending the weekend with me (or half of it at least) so neerrrrrr.

Your friend sounds a bit, um, indistinct...

But hey, I'm not ruling anything out...

I thought you said you were single... OH! :shock: ....ok.... 8) Remember your "A" game! Does he even know what he is getting himself into!!??!! :twisted:

As for my friend, yes, I think that might just be his problem...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Jen J
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I thought you said you were single... OH! :shock: ....ok.... 8) Remember your "A" game! Does he even know what he is getting himself into!!??!! :twisted:

I'm *mostly* single ;)
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • We're having chilli con carne, with a bottle of red

Mr B - it was actually spaghetti bolognese

(and no, my cooking's not that bad that it wasn't easily recognisable!)
    FCN 10
  • linsen
    pigeon42 wrote:
    We're having chilli con carne, with a bottle of red

Mr B - it was actually spaghetti bolognese

(and no, my cooking's not that bad that it wasn't easily recognisable!)[/quote

:D
  • don_don
    don_don Posts: 1,007
    Clever Pun wrote:
    don_don wrote:
    BigJimmyB wrote:
    Minge

I see you're not called 'Clever Pun ' for nothing :lol:

It only begins when you loose your inhibitions

That's clever too but by accident I'll wager :wink:
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Greg66 wrote:
    SecretSam wrote:
    Hey, Greg66, how come you've got 2 near identical bikes?

Aluminium for wet days. Carbon for dry. Although over winter, unless I'm sure it will stay dry all day, I'll stick to the alu bike; it's what I'm on today and have been all this wee, for example.

I wanted to have exactly the same geometry on both of them, so same manufacturer, same geometry, same size stem/bars, same set up. The alu one has cheaper components.

So, how's the OCD treatment coming along? :twisted:
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • DonDaddyD
    Jen J wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I'm *mostly* single ;)

The "*mostly* single" would be"not single" if you were prepared to put your foot in his mouth... :roll:

MMMMmmmm foot for tea! I've eaten worse...
    Food Chain number = 4

• DonDaddyD
    don_don wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    don_don wrote:
    BigJimmyB wrote:
    Minge

I see you're not called 'Clever Pun ' for nothing :lol:

How can you acknowledge that and not the sheer brash genius on page two that is:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    BigJimmyB wrote:
    Minge

A delicacy, I'm sure, but only if it has been properly marinated in its own sauces for at least 45mins!
    Food Chain number = 4

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Nothing, I've have a fairly high cal day already, big night last night :wink:

Breakfast:
    Coffee
    Shepard's Pie with stuffing & apple sauce
    4 x bottles of San Miguel (breakfast beer yummy)

Elevenses:
    Coffee
    Full English fry up
    Glass of red wine
    Pack of crisps

Dinner:
    Curry & rice (home made) with wholemeal pita bread
    8 x cans of Guinness - So far :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • linsen
    8 cans of Guinness and you can still spell - I am impressed! Think I would be in the back of an ambulance if I drank all that
  • itboffin
    Finished the day with half a bottle of claret and a yoghurt :lol:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • linsen
    A balanced meal..... :wink:
  • linsen
    A balanced meal..... :wink:
  • itboffin
    I'm binging, tomorrow is the start of 1 month of 'detox diet' arrgghh

No meat, wheat, dairy, caffeine or alcohol...!!!! just tiny portions of unpronounceable beans and veg.

I'd be really depressed if it wasn't for the fact that it really does makes you feel so much healthier and more alert, no where did I put that bottle opener...