Halloween weekend plans?

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited November 2008 in MTB general
pumpkin-carving.jpg

What's your plans this weekend? I'm thinking of shopping for some high viz accessories.

Comments

• Coursework :( need to get my research proposal submitted on monday 8) gutted.
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Hiding from all the kids :evil: and eating the sweeties myself :twisted:

Might pop out for a night ride though, it's really cold and crisp here (sunny during the day, snowed a bit last night which was a bit of a shock as I flew in from Malta yeaterday afternoon, 26 degs in the shade when I left, 1 deg in the house when I got home :shock:).
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    I'm a miserable 'stard when it comes to halloween. Cant stand it! Therefore i'll be doing what stumpy is doing and hiding out. Probably up stairs with all the haribo, all the lights off in the house, apart from the back room with the computer in.

The missus is taking the kids out trick or treating. Shes welcome to it!
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • dErZ
    dErZ Posts: 152
    Have a halloween night ride tonight :)
  • Dipping radishes and brussel sprouts in chocolate, for some nice 'treats'.
    Northwind wrote: It's like I covered it in superglue and rode it through ebay.
  • boyfriday
    boyfriday Posts: 103
    The first plan is to avoid all of the halloween attired morons who will flock into Glasgow city centre tonight (made worse by the fact that its the end of the month and they have all just been paid).

Probably go to a gig which should hopefully be Halloween free.

Then tomorrow, up bright and early for the train to Edinburgh, 26 mile cycle to Glentress, 2 laps of the Red, or one of the Black (with a few extra parts thrown in), and then back to Edinburgh for the train home.

Unless i can snag a lift from someone - that would negate the cycling round trip! Fingers crossed.

Sunday (if it's dry) will probably see the road bike get an airing and a brisk jaunt around some of the local loops.
  • Rich9
    dErZ wrote:
    Have a halloween night ride tonight :)

Havent got any lights
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • cjw
    cjw Posts: 1,889
    Hate it.... another crappy American cultural import :evil:

And what a thing to teach kids.... Give me some sweets or I chuck eggs at your house / car :roll: Next stage is give me your phone or I stick this knife in your gut.

But that's tonight. Going racing on Sunday :lol:
    London to Paris Forum
    http://cjwoods.com/london2paris

Scott Scale 10
    Focus Izalco Team
  • jayson
    jayson Posts: 4,606
    Im gonna have Freddy Krueger marathon night, ive got the entire boxset on dvd so im gonna work my way through atleast a couple of them.

Im a big fan of Chucky from childs play so he might get an airing too depending on the time :D:D
  • Dalby for me tonight. First time out there for a night ride, should be fun....???
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    Im going to a fancy dress party tonight. Dressed as Death from the Terry Pratchet novels... even got a proper scythe and a stuffed rat.

Gonna have to remember to talk in capital letters though.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Eranu
    Eranu Posts: 712
    Hate it.... another crappy American cultural import

Actually we gave it to them :) They changed it totally and we bought into it :)

Off out for a ride tonight just a short one 10 miles or so then out Sunday for a nice long ride along the downs.
  • cjw
    cjw Posts: 1,889
    Eranu wrote:
    Hate it.... another crappy American cultural import

Actually we gave it to them :) They changed it totally and we bought into it :)

Off out for a ride tonight just a short one 10 miles or so then out Sunday for a nice long ride along the downs.

OK... All hallow's eve and the idea of evil sprits tricking etc is from medieveal Europe. But it is the yanks who came up with trick or treat in the early 1900's :evil:
    London to Paris Forum
    http://cjwoods.com/london2paris

Scott Scale 10
    Focus Izalco Team
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    im at work :D i likea the money seen as im skint
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • Off to Grizedale on Sunday
    Hiding from the kids round here tonight:lol:
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Hee

just been out for a night ride, bl**dy chilly, slightly damp air and very muddy under foot but no oiks in costumes up on the moors (and the police have scared all the gay doggers away as well, bonus).

Only one set of trick or treaters came while I was out apparently so I'm about to stuff a pizza down my face followed by a family size bag of fun size Twix :P .
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • Rich9
    i went to Ikea! Very quiet and no kids :D
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • riding bmx today and hopefully chicksands tommorow woooop!!!!
    Go big or go home!!

dmr exalt
    fitbike team park bmx
    both my custom jobbys :D:D
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2915789/
  • Cunobelin
    Cunobelin Posts: 11,792
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    Coursework :( need to get my research proposal submitted on monday 8) gutted.

Similar - I have a presentation for mine next week.
    <b><i>He that buys land buys many stones.
    He that buys flesh buys many bones.
    He that buys eggs buys many shells,
    But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.</b></i>
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • Nothing Halloweeny for us - Just like any other weekend really. Some kids came by last night and all I could offer was some nik-naks! Luckily they were pleased, otherwise the kind of trick you might get around where I live is the kind that ticks.

Me and easyG are doing Llandegla tomorrow AM - I think its going to rain overnight, hopefully the rain won't be around in the morning, and Llandegla is one of the centres that is OK after a bit of rain.

I'm also buying my first buff today, which I am loking forward to wearing tomorrow.
  • Had a hellyween party last night with loads of treats and cakes and chocys and a bbq in the cold, great time also got rat a*^"sed on hobgoblin beer. sorry i didnt invite you all, i didnt get time. to busy. :P
    nice new giant trance 3
    also ht coyote
    s-works epic 2008.
  • OwenB
    OwenB Posts: 606
    Trying to entertain all 4 kids this weekend. Think it'll be a wander round Grizedale tomorrow, and spending some time trying to persuade the eldest that he doesn't want a halfords special full suspension for his first mountain bike!!!!
  • Nightshift for the most of the weekend, the pulling a sickie on sunday to go see Rancid!!
    i spent all me money on whisky and beer!!!