Phuket, Thailand with a MTB

fat buddha
fat buddha Posts: 29
edited October 2008 in MTB rides
looks like the good lady and I could be off to Thailand at the end of 2009 for my niece's wedding. might as well make a trip of it so we were thinking of taking the bikes and getting some off road sightseeing in as sitting on a beach doesn't do it for us

anyone any experience with their MTB's in this part of the world who can suggest some local companies to get in touch with??

any other ideas??

ta muchly!

And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster

Comments

• bails_89
    bails_89 Posts: 143
    i dont know about your mountain bike,take a surfboard!the surfs good in phuket.

i was there about 3 months back for a month but didnt see any mountain bike companys or even trails but i wasnt looking to hard.

if you want good mountain biking in thialand then head north to chang mai,theres so many companys that will take you out.they drive you to the top of the mountain and meet you at the bottom,takes about an hour and a half to get down,great fun.you dont even need a bike they hire santa cruz top end bikes out.

have a good time in phuket anyway i had a great time there.
    Its not about the bike....
  • have been up to Chiang Mai and biked around the Golden Triangle - and done that huge downhill close to Chiang Mai (what a blast!) - so looking to do something a bit different while we're down in Phuket....

I don't surf so no point doing that!

we've even thought about taking the roadies and biking up to Bangkok - about 700km

And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster