French 24 hr MTB team event organised free for 2009

rouleur23
rouleur23 Posts: 175
edited October 2008 in MTB rides
Hear me out Mr Moderator please!! :D

This year our local clubs in Central France put on a 24 hour event. It went really well. It consisted of teams of 1, 2, 4 and 6 riders. Next year I would really like to get teams of 4 or 6 over from Wales, Scotland, England and Ireland (where I am from) 'for the craic' as we say. This is non-profit. I organise your accom' and you pay your own B&B/hotel bill at the end. Simple. It is also to showcase this area to UK and Irish MTBer's. It has plenty. I can organise 2 nights or up to a 7 night stay. Up to you.

I have said to the regional council and the MTB club Creuse-oxygene that I will do what I can to help and this might be a way froward. You tell me. :?:

I think it lends itself to a great 24 event if we can come up with some teams. Five nations having a good old battle and a wee drop of the 'red' the night after to celebrate. I would make sure there was something put on to cater for the 'thirsty' shall we say! :wink:

The folk out here are great. They love the bike. I have been here ten years and only had one fool say anything negative about my living here. His pals ripped into him and he looked like a scorned puppy. :oops:

Give it some thought guys. I might even be able to get a small sum from the Council to help with your hotel bills who knows. Or those staying for a week get a night free. If all were in the same hotel that MIGHT work. I need to see how this post goes really. :P

There are over 1000km of track here so plenty to ride for a week. And I myself will invite all teams to my place for a buffet lunch or BBQ. For the craic!! :lol::lol:

Spread 'le word' and I guess numbers would be limited to around 30. Food for thought is this............2 teams share a minibus, hire a return coach from say 'the Oxford area' as it is the 'crossroads' of England.

regards

R23 :shock:

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Do you have a date in mind ?
  • rouleur23
    rouleur23 Posts: 175
    This year it was held on the third weekend in September. But I would need to be certain as I know folk have much to organise. So let's assume it will be the same time as I know how the French work these things. The 2nd weekend is always our local road racing sportive so they looped the two together to save on logistices. Railings, podium, tables etc.

I will find out and tag it on to the post.

But thanks for the initial interest

R23