Reccomend me a bum perch!

The Spiderman
The Spiderman Posts: 5,625
edited October 2008 in Workshop
My roadbike has a cheap Selle Italia XO saddle which I don`t really get on with.
I have a Fizik Gobi on my mtb ,which I really like and was wondering if should try something like the Arione.

Any other reccomendations?
2006 Giant XTC
2010 Giant Defy Advanced
2016 Boardman Pro 29er
2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
2017 Canondale Supersix Evo

Comments

• pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    Specialized BG saddles have been very kind to my behind. I've got two - an avatar and an alias, the difference being weight (and price). The heavier (cheaper) one is marginally more comfortable over a 6 hour ride.

Saddles are a bit of an individual issue, but Spesh seem to have a deserved reputation for taking the human form into account in their design.

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• fizik arione i have two ;)
  • cj504
    cj504 Posts: 110
    Wouldn't part with my bling white toupe. Make sure you get a sit on one of the specialized 'width machines'. Although they're far simpler than I was looking forward too!
    Thresholds, 60-80%, HRM's...I'll just go for a ride
  • Fizik Arione Wingflex, without a doubt. I also have two :D
  • I always used to get loads of saddle soars, so i switched to a fizik aliante which has done the trick. (i am only a lightweight at 60kg)

you could always ride your bike less that also helps
  • I always used to get loads of saddle soars, so i switched to a fizik aliante which has done the trick. (i am only a lightweight at 60kg)

you could always ride your bike less that also helps
  • I use a fizik aliante that sorted my saddle soar problems out which i was plagued with ( i am only 60kg)

Or you could ride your bike less
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Love my Fizik Arione - first ride on it was 100 miles.

Also love the WTB on my GT mountain bike.

But I'm getting a Charge 'Spoon' to go on my fixie after putting up with an uncomfy saddle for the last 7 years or so..

But hey - everyone is different !
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I also have two Ariones, a white and black one, definitely worth a try.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • juggler
    juggler Posts: 262
    +1 for Fizik Arione
  • sicrow
    sicrow Posts: 791
    Specialized BG Avatar Gel is really comfy for me and cheap too at under £40 quid - it also seems to get some good reviews when you search around
  • juggler
    juggler Posts: 262
    i think it is down to whatever works for you. After reading the reviews of the Specialized Toupe i bought one and tried for a season and a half to get used to it, but really uncomfortable for me. Way worse than the Selle Italia i had before and the Arione after is the best so far. Even for Weight Weenies 100g extra on the saddle for comfort must be justified. For me the Arione is the best saddle i've ever riden, but then i've not riden everything and it's down to personal preference.

Not wanting to hijack the forum but love my Arione 'standard' and need to buy a new saddle because the Arione has for some reason gone out of shape (not quiet sure why, but the right side is lower than left now - no worries will get relegated to turbo duty). Any view on the Arione Cardon CX? Had a look in my LBS and it looks a bit 'uncomfortable' compare to the regular Arione...but does saves me 75g or so - there's me saying i don't care about weight...
  • Beardy10
    Beardy10 Posts: 115
    I tried a Fizik Arione as it came as standard on my bike and just didn't get on with it. I have since got a Prologo Nago Pas Gel which which I find much more comfortable. I found with the Fizik that very little of my weight was being taken by my sit bones which made it uncomfortable for me....the Prologo is wider at the rear so works much better in that respect.

Horses for courses though.....
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Fizik Aliante, very nice saddle .......
  • dombo6
    dombo6 Posts: 582
    Specialized BG bought from a LBS with measuring pad. Done two DRagon Rides and an Etape on mine, ie 7 -8 hrs in the saddle with no problems.

Previous saddle a Bontrager Race Lux caused male pattern numbness :shock:
  • munnser
    munnser Posts: 64
    another vote for the aliante brilliant saddle!!!
    its all about the bike!!
  • BigDarbs
    BigDarbs Posts: 132
    I am a definite fan of the original selle italia flite titanium. I must have that shaped bum, or it may be that having ridden and raced for 19 years and now having 5 bikes , all fitted with flites, its my bum that has gradually been sculpted into that shape!!!

Saddles are a very personal thing, I tried the flite gel flow with the hole cut out in it, I only lasted 100 miles then sold it.
  • wilwil
    wilwil Posts: 374
    I use a fizik aliante that sorted my saddle soar problems out which i was plagued with ( i am only 60kg)

Did you have saddle sores?
  • wilwil
    I use a fizik aliante that sorted my saddle soar problems out which i was plagued with ( i am only 60kg)

• wilwil

• SDP
    SDP Posts: 665
    yes .think he had 3 ....

a vote for specialized Toupe..

i used to use TURBO sadlles but toupe is closest i hav efound to it