Best value for money 2009 bikes

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited October 2008 in Commuting chat
Last year I thought there were several exceptional examples of good value for money bikes at different price points.

The Giant SCR range - Of the mass produced global bike makers this range pretty much undercut its main competitors (Specialized and Trek) by around £100

Focus Varido expert - Light aluminium frame complimented with Ultegra Ice for under a grand proper.

Focus Cayo - offering Dura Ace components £999 The Expert version had better wheels etc for £1500

Planet X - offering Dura Ace components £999

With the 09 prices mostly out what bikes except for the Kiron Scandium and Planet X look like they offer exceptional value and return for your money?

IMO 2008 produced far better bikes coupled with components than what 2009 is shaping to offer - I'd go as far as to say 2008 was a better year for bicycles than the coming year. Obviously, (due to our sliding economy) we aren't likely to get as good a deal as in previous years but there must be some gems out there?
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    The updated Boardman range? But then I am biased :P
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    The new Wiggle brand Scandium got a 10 from C+ this month, can't remember the name but it looked gurt lush in red/black combo, £1k

It's just a hill. Get over it.