friendly lot.

velocerandy
velocerandy Posts: 32
edited November 2008 in XC and Enduro
i hear mtb riders are a friendly lot. any cross country riders around the northants area want to take an over weight, northern novice on a hard tail under their wing. i'm up for learning everything there is to offer.
Scott Scale 50 (09)

Comments

• A bunch of us old knackers ride around the back of Rushden, you're welcome to tag along if you fancy.
    Currently we're night riding for a couple of hours on a Thursday evening, and should be up to something Sunday morning.
    Northwind wrote: It's like I covered it in superglue and rode it through ebay.
  • whats in rushden? i've only ever ridden pitsford and rutland water. i could do with trying a few more places. do you ever travel out?
    Scott Scale 50 (09)
  • We ride natural XC out into North Bedsand around Santa Pod, we use the Stanwick lakes route as a backbone for some of our own variations, Pitsford and Grafham are generally for when the weather's bloody awful. Personally I also like Irchester CP, got a little 3 mile loop in there.
    If we go further afield it's usually FTD over at Cannock.
  • There's supposed to be some interesting riding to be had in the quarry up near Weekly Glebe, haven't been there yet, saving it to see if we get a summer one year soon.
  • well maybe i'll tag along. i really need to get fit to be any good. i dont wanna slow anyone down.
    Scott Scale 50 (09)
  • You won't slow us down, if you have lights we could meet you by the Diamonds on Thursday, when I know what we're up to on Sunday I'll post a suitable meet point.
  • Next Sunday we're meeting a guy from Desborough at Irchester Country park if you want to tag along. ICP is a three mile loop that we make less or more technical as we fancy.
    Drop me a PM for details.
  • jayson
    jayson Posts: 4,606
    Hi velocerandy whereabouts in kettering do u live? i lived in kettering until i moved up to york in '99 so its cool to see someone from home on here :D
  • actually i'm from leeds, but have lived in burton latimer for 7 years.

yorks a good choice. i love it there
    Scott Scale 50 (09)
  • jayson
    jayson Posts: 4,606
    Yorks ok but in terms of mtb'ing it pales completely next to leeds.
  • but you have the north york moor
    Scott Scale 50 (09)
  • pemsey
    pemsey Posts: 107
    If you can get over to Northampton at ungodly hours on a Sunday Morning, Treads MTB meet at Delapre Golf Course Car Park , 08:30am every Sunday (though this Sunday (16TH NOV) might be off as they're off to Wales for the weekend!)

Some good routes round Northampton etc and a good bunch of guys. Link is in my siggy!

Cheers
    P.