Woking MTB beginner looking for people to ride with

fryrider
fryrider Posts: 6
edited August 2009 in Routes
Hey all,

I recently caught the MTB bug hiring hardtail MTBs in austria, and had a blast going down some wicked routes in the Mayerhofen region - So now I'm looking to continue having some fun back in the UK burining up singletrack/forest trails and go from there.

Let me know if anyone is around for Swinley forest/Surrey hills/anywhere else near woking area! - I'm new to all these routes and looking for early sat/sunday runs to get familiar with them...

later,
f.

[edit - I've stuck this in the wrong forum - needs to be in MTB Rides....]

Comments

• Hi mate, Im new to this forum. I live in Woking and have been riding the area and Guildford for years.
    Just bought my first road bike but keeping the mtb going. Feel free to join in.
    Iestyn
    GT I-drive
    Giant tcr composite
  • HI all,

I am also based in Woking (by mistake) have been trying to build up a half decent ST local loop, but am not doing so well, if anyone has any suggestions or wants to hook up for some exploring would be good....

Try to get over to Swinley a couple of times a week, fairly familiar with the trails but still working on linking them :)
  • I'd tag along as the token 'slow guy', if something comes of this. I'm just west of Heathrow but can easily get to Swinley / Bagshot Common etc.
    AT MY AGE, I SHOULD KNOW BETTER !!!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Just to add I'm in Woking. I do Swinley a lot (so much that I have an annual permit now), though still don't know everything in there! Fun place.

Other than that I've not done a great deal else having only really got into proper MTB in the last few years and not ventured that far. I occasionally go to Tunnel Hill (towards Mytchett) which is army land and some fairly good stuff around there.

I'd like to do the Leith Hill area as I gather there's some good singletrack there.

But otherwise it's common land and tow paths (a bit tame for a full sus bike! :D.

I'm heading to the New Forest shortly though I get the impression it's all flat leisurely trails, but it's that kind of day for me anyway :D.