I have seen God and he has a bike.

Kieran_Burns
Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
edited October 2008 in Commuting chat
It's either God or the Ice King.

Cycling home tonight, I'm passing through the City Centre and come to the last set of lights I go through.

I'm all wrapped up warm in my over shoes, thermal gloves, tights, nightvision jacket, buff.

In front of me is a guy in a t-shirt and baggies. :shock: Rucksack on his back and an OLD road bike he's clipped into.

That's it. I'm sat there feeling the cold seeping through now I've stopped and am staring shocked at this guy.

The lights change and he's off. I desparately tried to keep up just to see what he was made of and he left me standing... keeping up with the traffic (30 limit and he's hitting it), he checks his 6, swings over and makes his turn right set of light while I'm still huffing up the incline.

I have met God and he wears a t-shirt.
Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
2011 Trek Madone 4.5
2012 Felt F65X
Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter

Comments

• spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    old men on old bikes could easily win Le Tour. Nothing is better than an old man on a bike!
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    spasypaddy wrote:
    old men on old bikes could easily win Le Tour. Nothing is better than an old man on a bike!

So you obviously have your money on Lance Armstrong this year then :lol: :roll: :wink:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    NGale wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:

So you obviously have your money on Lance Armstrong this year then :lol: :roll: :wink:
    nope, because lance will get a modern bike!

:lol:
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    The bloke wasn't old - looked probably early 30's tops... the bike was an old one... suicide shifters the lot 8)

He could really shift - I barely kept sight of him and I was **trying**
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    spasypaddy wrote:
    NGale wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:

nope, because lance will get a modern bike!

:lol:

well ok then, old man on a new bike then :roll:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Reminds me, I saw an old boy out for a run this morning, 70 if he was a day, wearing baggy shorts and a loose fitting vest. I thought to myself "cover up - at least your knees - or you'll regret it in later li.. oh"
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    There is no god......just hard f*ckers!
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    It's either God or the Ice King.

Cycling home tonight, I'm passing through the City Centre and come to the last set of lights I go through.

I'm all wrapped up warm in my over shoes, thermal gloves, tights, nightvision jacket, buff.

In front of me is a guy in a t-shirt and baggies. :shock: Rucksack on his back and an OLD road bike he's clipped into.

That's it. I'm sat there feeling the cold seeping through now I've stopped and am staring shocked at this guy.

The lights change and he's off. I desparately tried to keep up just to see what he was made of and he left me standing... keeping up with the traffic (30 limit and he's hitting it), he checks his 6, swings over and makes his turn right set of light while I'm still huffing up the incline.

I have met God and he wears a t-shirt.

Probably from Ilkeston.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    When I've been out in winter, wearing a winter sports top and trackies, I often get back and find theres "steam" coming off me :lol: I suppose this guy just "warmed up" on a long ride. 8)