ironbridge club run

BigDunk
BigDunk Posts: 39
edited October 2008 in The bottom bracket
It's our winter club weekend from the wirral,bnecc(birkenhead north end cc).We should be invading early afternoon saturday.If you're local look out for us ,red jerseys with flame decals and'bike factory'sponsor.Any decent pubs in ironbridge or ones to avoid? :wink: Thirsty work this peddling lark isn't it! :lol: Come and have a jar with us if you're in town,cheers.
If your out the back,can anyone hear you scream?

Comments

• iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    I've got happy memories of Ironbridge. Did a 116-mile loop round there from Oswestry early this year. 40 miles back from Ironbridge to Oswestry with a monster tailwind :twisted: :D

Didn't hang round long enough to try the local pubs though so I can't answer your question!
  • -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831
    You've got the Swan at the end of the warfage which is excellent, the malthouse and the Tontine further up. Just out of Ironbridge towards Jackfield you have the Bird in hand and the "Ye olde Robin Hood".

oh yeah, theres a fancy coffee shop with lots of chrome furniture at the top of the warfage if that is your bag ;) Sure they'll do a cake or two as well lol !

Two minutes into Jackfield you will find the Bicycle Hub should you need anything fixing ;)

http://www.thebicyclehub.co.uk/index.ph ... e&Itemid=1

I grew up and work in Broseley which is a mile up the road. Its said that Broseley did all the hard work during the industrial revolution and Ironbridge took all the credit !...
  • BigDunk
    BigDunk Posts: 39
    Just leaving now to get to 'eureka cafe' to start the run.thanks and hope we get a tailie all the way home nursing sore heads :wink: Will try the pubs but maybe not the posh cafe,do you know where were from! :twisted:
    If your out the back,can anyone hear you scream?