Last night at Manchester Velodrome

BUICK
BUICK Posts: 362
edited October 2008 in Track
Had my second session there, from 8-10 with a large group put on by Pedalsport in Halifax with people from all around attending. Had a fabulous time and feel like I really started to LEARN how to do things properly rather than just scooting around. We did some simple through and off and a bit of team pursuit stuff - I even got to have a go in a couple of 10 lap scratch races. I feel enormously lucky to have got some pointers from others with considerably more experience. I love the track! True story
'07 Langster (dropped one tooth from standard gearing)
'07 Tricross Sport with rack and guards
STUNNING custom 953 Bob Jackson *sigh*

Comments

• yoadius
    yoadius Posts: 541
    Sounds like you had fun.

Got my first session on Monday, can't wait. Already had a go on the track before and loved it.

What sort of things did you do on your first taster session?
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Tartanyak</i>

Dude, did you trace that, from a distance off a diagram drawn by a blind man using his feet from the description given to him by someone that could only use English quotes from the movie of \'Grease\'?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
  • BUICK
    BUICK Posts: 362
    The first taster session I had was very basic. We were given a talking to about the bikes, the lack of brakes and why that was good and instructions about not moving position on the track without having a proper look over the shoulder to make sure you aren't going to spoil someones month on your way through. We then rolled around at the bottom of the track for a while to get a feel for the bike and to get on the boards and once we had done a few laps we were told to turn on the speed a bit and get up above the blue line on the track - which first time around is pretty intimidating! It soon feels natural though and you forget about how steep the banking is. Massive fun and highly recommended.
    '07 Langster (dropped one tooth from standard gearing)
    '07 Tricross Sport with rack and guards
    STUNNING custom 953 Bob Jackson *sigh*
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    Nice one! I went to see the Nationals a few weeks ago, my first time watching track racing (not counting watching it on TV) - I filled in the form to win a taster session but no luck. I've definitely got the Olympic bug though, was hoping to go and see the World Cup but they'd already sold out.
  • yoadius
    yoadius Posts: 541
    Had my taster session today, even managed to get onto the local news.

Was enjoying it so much that I forgot to ask the coach for a pink slip to go onto the skills sessions.
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Tartanyak</i>

Dude, did you trace that, from a distance off a diagram drawn by a blind man using his feet from the description given to him by someone that could only use English quotes from the movie of \'Grease\'?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">